Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Trifecta tune group buy for 1.4T and 1.8 engines

82834 Views 510 Replies 63 Participants Last post by  XtremeRevolution
I've been reading a lot of posts about the trifecta tune and am definitely interested! Any chance of getting another group buy setup for the near furture? I get paid the 15 th :)
Reactions: 1
Status
Not open for further replies.
261 - 280 of 511 Posts
does the trifecta tune affect powertrain warranty?
Short Answer: Yes

Long Answer: No. Your tune will come undetectable and you can reflash to the stock tune before sending it to the shop. No ECU rewrites are recorded with this tune. Even with the tune enabled, most dealerships won't notice a change unless they drive it in semi-manual mode (AKA now sport mode), if they put it in drive it will actually be a little less powerful than stock to gain nice MPG (Eco-mode).

*I am not an expert, but this is my understanding from following this thread and others.
just plopped mine down, looks like only 1 left to go before its zoom zoom time! thanks everyone for being down for this and coming through to make it happen!
I was number 20 haha! Hopefully im happy with it and have no issues.
Am I the only one that thinks it's highly unlikely we'll hit 35, and they should just start shipping tomorrow? :p
Am I the only one that thinks it's highly unlikely we'll hit 35, and they should just start shipping tomorrow? :p
unless they plan on discounting it further (with the new pricing, it would seem we are getting a better deal already) I don't see why they wouldn't start shipping since we hit the minimum already... but who knows, maybe we have to be patient ;)
I just bumped it up to 21! So there's hope if (as some speculated) Friday paydays drive sales! I'm not sure it's clear whether there's still a second discount tier for 35, though.
I'll be picking mine up by friday.

Glad we hit the threshold.

--John
Short Answer: Yes

Long Answer: No. Your tune will come undetectable and you can reflash to the stock tune before sending it to the shop. No ECU rewrites are recorded with this tune. Even with the tune enabled, most dealerships won't notice a change unless they drive it in semi-manual mode (AKA now sport mode), if they put it in drive it will actually be a little less powerful than stock to gain nice MPG (Eco-mode).

*I am not an expert, but this is my understanding from following this thread and others.
Semi manual is a 11-12 Cruze only feature. 13-14 and possibly 15 will be CC button like the 11-15 manual Cruze unless they managed to include this into the October 2014 version of the tune. I'll plug my laptop up later tonight and see if the counter shows how many times I flashed it.

Does the select a tune still switch between performance and eco modes, or is it tune on/tune off?
The website wasn't exactly clear off this..
Semi manual mode(shift left to M +/- mode and the car still shifts gears on it's own) is a 11-12 Cruze only feature. 13-14 and possibly 15 will be CC button like the 11-15 manual Cruze unless they managed to include this into the October 2014 version of the tune. CC white light on = Stock mode CC light off = Race Mode so long as you don't unselect the select -a - tune option (no, tune will be on always) when ordering.

I have my sparks gap'ed at 0.035 will this new tune accommodate to that or does it still require me to go down to 0.028? Also looks like we're nice and close to hitting the mark. *Party hat on*
Negative, you will receive P0300 multiple misfire code when you get on it a few times in race mode with those gaps. Come back down to .028 and you should be fine, some went .026 to get a longer time between regapping the copper plugs. Took a few datalog freeway pulls to get the light but you can feel the spark blowout from the increased boost pressure.

[email protected] I didn't clarify that I would be using 91 octane in the description. CAn you add that? I was the first order for Skyler.
The member I was quoting had Shell 91 in his sig. previous(not this tune) they asked you to tell em what grade you would be using. Go off of what Jerry is saying with multiple maps already in this October 2014 version tune. I haven't ran this version of the tune yet, but 89 ran like udder crap in the previous version of the tune and 91 was meh.
See less See more
Would love to get it now that we hit 20! Sooner the better :)

thanks for the reply about the gap, Ill put them down to .028, theyre irdium
Would love to get it now that we hit 20! Sooner the better :)

thanks for the reply about the gap, Ill put them down to .028, theyre irdium
Yep, still regap em. Wait till the tune is in your email and cord is in your possession before you close the gaps down. No point in making life miserable waiting for the tune.
So there is no difference between eco mode and the stock tune? I was hoping eco mode was remapped as well for better mpg's...
So there is no difference between eco mode and the stock tune? I was hoping eco mode was remapped as well for better mpg's...
Eco = stock mode(not stock untuned). It's called stock mode because it mimics stock but has the ability to reach the PSI of race mode if you try and drive it aggressively. If you find yourself trying to aggressively drive in stock mode then just do yourself a favor and switch to race mode. Driving aggressively in stock mode can lower your MPG canceling out the eco benefits of stock mode and you don't really get the power you crave which could be found in race mode. For the older tune we have, stock mode cut down on the hesitation off the line by a lot even on the stock plugs and coppers cleaned up the rest of that slop. For race tune on the old tune, you had to almost relearn the car as you didn't need as much pedal travel off the line in the manuals. Can't speak on a tuned auto as I haven't driven one tuned.

The second you guys get the tunes on, you will have the urge to go balls out to see what you just paid and waited almost months for. When you datalog, you don't need to do 0-120 mph pulls. Just make sure you are on a roadway that is of speed limits that you plan on running your 0 to whatever pulls.

I will say until you guys and gals fully understand how the race tune feels in rain and this upcoming snow season conditions, try to drive in stock/eco mode untill you can safely explore the limits of your vehicle because the eco lrr tires can be overpowered in dry concrete conditions with the older tune most of us are running. I also say try to favor stock/eco mode in stop and go traffic until you get used to stopping quicker than you needed to before. One more key advice that should be common sense, the panted lines on the roadway are extremely slippery when wet. You will be reminded by this when you try and pedal down from a dig at a stoplight and you cross over the stop line and the 2 crosswalk lines that follow. For you NYC guys with that whole intersection pretty much painted, please be careful granted you won't have the space to go balls out in the city.
See less See more
Eco = stock mode(not stock untuned). It's called stock mode because it mimics stock but has the ability to reach the PSI of race mode if you try and drive it aggressively. If you find yourself trying to aggressively drive in stock mode then just do yourself a favor and switch to race mode. Driving aggressively in stock mode can lower your MPG canceling out the eco benefits of stock mode and you don't really get the power you crave which could be found in race mode. For the older tune we have, stock mode cut down on the hesitation off the line by a lot even on the stock plugs and coppers cleaned up the rest of that slop. For race tune on the old tune, you had to almost relearn the car as you didn't need as much pedal travel off the line in the manuals. Can't speak on a tuned auto as I haven't driven one tuned.

The second you guys get the tunes on, you will have the urge to go balls out to see what you just paid and waited almost months for. When you datalog, you don't need to do 0-120 mph pulls. Just make sure you are on a roadway that is of speed limits that you plan on running your 0 to whatever pulls.

I will say until you guys and gals fully understand how the race tune feels in rain and this upcoming snow season conditions, try to drive in stock/eco mode untill you can safely explore the limits of your vehicle because the eco lrr tires can be overpowered in dry concrete conditions with the older tune most of us are running. I also say try to favor stock/eco mode in stop and go traffic until you get used to stopping quicker than you needed to before. One more key advice that should be common sense, the panted lines on the roadway are extremely slippery when wet. You will be reminded by this when you try and pedal down from a dig at a stoplight and you cross over the stop line and the 2 crosswalk lines that follow. For you NYC guys with that whole intersection pretty much painted, please be careful granted you won't have the space to go balls out in the city.
Well here in Texas we have county roads that are 75mph and I drive 81 on them. 0-81 it is =)
Just picked one up!

I wasn't on the original list, but I couldn't pass this up.

Thanks for setting this up!
I'm going to think about it for another day.
I'm going to think about it for another day.
If the money is there, there will be no other offer close to this kind of deal. I was semi iffy on the other deal we had, but this one I couldn't possibly let down.
So this is a little off topic but couldn't find the answer when I searched. Is there any additional benefit going with a CAI once I have the tune. I keep seeing talk on throttle response and turbo sound, but wasn't sure of the actual HP gains.

As far as sound goes, I like the car cause its quiet, and thats coming from owning a Mazdaspeed 3 with CAI. The road noise drove me crazy on long trips.

Thanks
261 - 280 of 511 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.