Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I installed the tune last night. went pretty well. car drives pretty different.

I like the throttle response, second gear start still works and the downshift from 2-1 in manumatic mode is nice and smooth now.

When in M mode or manumatic mode the shifts are alot more aggresive I'm thinking maybe too much. If I rev it up to 5k rpm in manumatic then upshift (say 3->4) i can hear the tires break loose .... much better than how loose it was before but I think somewhere in the middle would be nicer :)

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
Ok, so I installed the tune last night. went pretty well. car drives pretty different.

I like the throttle response, second gear start still works and the downshift from 2-1 in manumatic mode is nice and smooth now.

When in M mode or manumatic mode the shifts are alot more aggresive I'm thinking maybe too much. If I rev it up to 5k rpm in manumatic then upshift (say 3->4) i can hear the tires break loose .... much better than how loose it was before but I think somewhere in the middle would be nicer :)
M mode is supposed to be "all out, balls to the walls" type sport mode. You can ask vince to turn down the pressure on the TCM, I remember him asking me about this early on and even though I loved it, we agreed that some people would want it lowered.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
update:
i contacted vince and he softened the shifting a bit for me
now its just right:goodjob:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i just asked him too and he responded very quickly with the new tune file

also i attached my current tune file in my email asking him

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hmm, you know i actually have not tested that :) but... i haven't run a 0-60 stock either ....
guess i'm getting old:uhh: 31 years

trust me the manumatic working properly alone is easily worth 350bucks to me

·
Registered
418 Posts
I'm glad to hear that the 1.8l has a great tuning respones!!! I'm getting a turbo manifold made last week and should pick it up next work than after I buy the turbo and have that all in Im getting the trifecta tune done one month to go!!!! Than ill have a full build 1.8l turbo!!!! All custom too!! Since nobody makes it lol

·
Lyrical Wordsmith
6,747 Posts
I'm glad to hear that the 1.8l has a great tuning respones!!! I'm getting a turbo manifold made last week and should pick it up next work than after I buy the turbo and have that all in Im getting the trifecta tune done one month to go!!!! Than ill have a full build 1.8l turbo!!!! All custom too!! Since nobody makes it lol
No way?! Your going to plunge into the Turbo? how awesome lol.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I've been waiting for someone to give this a try! Glad you're doing it! I hope you keep us updated throughout the process. Gluck!

·
Registered
119 Posts
you guys are crazy. you mean to tell me noone anywhere has made a turbo manifold for the LUW? after it has been used in the:

Ecotec DCVCP engines are used in:
2005-present Opel Zafira
2007-presentOpel Astra
2008-2009 Saturn Astra (1.8L LUW)
2008-present Chevrolet Cruze (1.8L LUW)
2009-present Opel Insignia
2012-present Chevrolet Sonic (1.8L LUW in North America)
not to mention, the 1.6l turbo uses the same exhaust pattern. do some more research, im sure you could turn up something

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.