Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been considering ordering the Trifecta Advantage+ tune to complement the K&N SRI that I installed today. I've noticed a lot of complaints however with the recent update in regards to throttle sensitivity. I have a 2LT RS 6MT Cruze and was just wondering if these throttle issues are more of an issues with autos. Should I hold off until the issues are resolved and potentially another group buy?

Thanks!

·
Registered
533 Posts
To me the throttle has been fixed they've updated it twice now. I'm still complaining about the way they programmed the 6AT. Seems more like what I would've expected from GM stock. Hoping they'll fix it. They altered it once which was a big help but it still has its issues. But seeing as you have the MT, I would say go for it. Throttle and engine are flawless. The PAL will be weird at first but you'll figure it out once you get used to it and you'll find the point you leave Eco mode. I can actually hear myself re-enter Eco mode cause I'll release pedal pressure a tiny bit and hear the blow off valve and feel a major difference.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To me the throttle has been fixed they've updated it twice now. I'm still complaining about the way they programmed the 6AT. Seems more like what I would've expected from GM stock. Hoping they'll fix it. They altered it once which was a big help but it still has its issues. But seeing as you have the MT, I would say go for it. Throttle and engine are flawless. The PAL will be weird at first but you'll figure it out once you get used to it and you'll find the point you leave Eco mode. I can actually hear myself re-enter Eco mode cause I'll release pedal pressure a tiny bit and hear the blow off valve and feel a major difference.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I might jump then next week as WOT-tuning has a 35$ off coupon till the end of the month. Next question is whether to go advantage or advantage+. It seems like advantage+ would probably be best as I have the SRI but if I can save 100$ without issues I might do that. Do you know by change if you get the keep the EZ flash cable through WOT or if you have to send it back?

·
Registered
192 Posts
The cable is yours to keep. The budget tune should work fine for the intake. If you need to data log you will need to upgrade. Or you can request revisions on your budget tune but they are just modifying the regular one without looking at your vehicle.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another question I have is anyone that has used the vermont tune and how it compares to the Trifecta.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I use the Vermont tune.Nice tune very noticeable power gain.Throttle has the same touch and feel as stock.They will tune for specific Octane (91or93) And been using it for 15,000 trouble free miles

Reactions: WFcruze2013

·
Registered
271 Posts
I wouldn't buy trifecta anymore. The new tune that has PAL is not very good imo. It has a completely non linear throttle response and gets poor gas mileage. If you value your two things then get the vtuner. If it doesn't matter then get trifecta as the power is nice.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Oh and to let you know I've had three updates sent to me trying to fix the throttle response and poor gas mileage. My average mpg fell from 40-41 with the old select-a-tune to 34-35 mpg with the new PAL update.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I wouldn't buy trifecta anymore. The new tune that has PAL is not very good imo. It has a completely non linear throttle response and gets poor gas mileage. If you value your two things then get the vtuner. If it doesn't matter then get trifecta as the power is nice.
So Trifecta tune gives more power than Vtune? I was wondering because I'm torn on the two. It seems Vtune may be easier as well, I'm not sure tho.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I would say the base tunes are close to each other power wise.But also keep in mind some cars just make more power than others.Both tuners do have to offer safe tunes for the engine.In others words i think there is a slight amount of power left on the table.cant have the average customer who might through 87 or 89 octane in damageing there engine.

·
Registered
271 Posts
So Trifecta tune gives more power than Vtune? I was wondering because I'm torn on the two. It seems Vtune may be easier as well, I'm not sure tho.
I can't comment on which one makes more power. Like GM Master Tech said they are both close. The Trifecta tune seems to bring on the power quicker now with the new PAL system. But like I said you're going to sacrifice a linear throttle response and fuel economy.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I purchased three tunes for my LT RS: VTuner, Trifecta and Superchips. The Trifecta tune was buggy from the start, causing the engine to labor before upshifting; I have no idea when I will receive the revised tune. The Superchips produces acceptable power but calibrates the transmission to shift too harshly in my opinion. Thus far, Vtuner has the clear edge: impressive power, enhanced driveability and superior reliability. i seldom use the higher octane version of this tune because the budget (87 octane) version is so very good. The Trifecta may prove itself eventually but I haven't heard from them in more than a month. Give Vtuner a go, you won't regret it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I purchased three tunes for my LT RS: VTuner, Trifecta and Superchips. The Trifecta tune was buggy from the start, causing the engine to labor before upshifting; I have no idea when I will receive the revised tune. The Superchips produces acceptable power but calibrates the transmission to shift too harshly in my opinion. Thus far, Vtuner has the clear edge: impressive power, enhanced driveability and superior reliability. i seldom use the higher octane version of this tune because the budget (87 octane) version is so very good. The Trifecta may prove itself eventually but I haven't heard from them in more than a month. Give Vtuner a go, you won't regret it.
I guess you're running an auto then? It seems like most of the issues with trifecta are coming with people with autos since a lot of them relate to shift timings. This wouldnt really apply to me since I have a manual

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have a manual in mine. The mpg really sucks after updating to the PAL system.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
does anyone know if the vtune is detected by dealerships? I know that with trifecta, it flashes in transparency mode so that dealers can not tell if the car was flashed or not. Just wondering if vtune was the same in that regard. Probably going to order one or the other next week but still having trouble deciding.

·
10,713 Posts
does anyone know if the vtune is detected by dealerships? I know that with trifecta, it flashes in transparency mode so that dealers can not tell if the car was flashed or not. Just wondering if vtune was the same in that regard. Probably going to order one or the other next week but still having trouble deciding.
To the best of my knowledge they trip the counter, no clue if it shows what tables it touched. You would have to contact them directly as we don't have them as a vendor here. I'm sure someone could "PM" you that info.

·
Vendor
547 Posts
Hello. It looks like you only just purchased the calibration for your vehicle in November. You voiced your concerns, the same ones listed in your post, and we have been in touch with you every step of the way right up until the 23rd of this month. As we last told you, we are performing field testing using the log you submitted to validate and duplicate the symptoms you reported. We actually are testing some revisions on one of our test vehicles before we propagate the calibration to you.

Unfortunately, due to the holiday season, there are expected delays but we will most definitely be in touch soon. That being said, based on your comments and the fact that you only just purchased our product, one would have to assume that you have been on Vtuner for a while now since you are able to make the claims about their product as you did.

Tell me, what made you switch to TRIFECTA? If I have the timeline wrong, I apologize. To date, our products also offer impressive power, enhanced drivability, and superior reliability. We apologize if this latest iteration of our product doesn't suit you or wasn't what you expected. We are definitely working on revising it soon though :)

I would say the base tunes are close to each other power wise.But also keep in mind some cars just make more power than others.Both tuners do have to offer safe tunes for the engine.In others words i think there is a slight amount of power left on the table.cant have the average customer who might through 87 or 89 octane in damageing there engine.
To address your comment about octane dictating power, and I guess this could be directed at fusion66 as well: the TRIFECTA programming for this platform is octane adaptive. We have gone to great lengths to create programming that will adjust power output based on the grade of fuel being used.

Our product will automatically scale power down if you use something like 87 octane, and scale power output up to our advertised gains when using something like 93 octane. No need for specific calibrations to be issued for each individual octane rating and no need to worry if you always use 93 but accidentally, or intentionally for that matter, use 87.

All of this, as you said, maintaining reliability.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
To the best of my knowledge they trip the counter, no clue if it shows what tables it touched. You would have to contact them directly as we don't have them as a vendor here. I'm sure someone could "PM" you that info.
Well if that's the case, vtune isnt even an option for me then. Trifecta it is!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts