Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
what tune does everyone have? did anyone have them raise the speed limiter, or change the redline?

I asked them a series of questions, and the only one they will do that to it the Elite, I want the advantage plus with redline bumped 500 and they wont do it.

Registered
what tune does everyone have? did anyone have them raise the speed limiter, or change the redline?

I asked them a series of questions, and the only one they will do that to it the Elite, I want the advantage plus with redline bumped 500 and they wont do it.
is it a reason why you need it bumped up 500rpm?

Registered
Is going to the 7K rpm redline even safe on stock springs? I feel awful going to 6K in 3rd and especially 4th on the stock springs. I have the trifecta tune. I'll be buying the advantage+ over summer.

Registered
vtuners sells upgraded springs if you're really considering revving to 7k, plus they'll help with valve float so youd probably make more power, or at least maintain power up top.

Registered
The stock engine with the right tuning will make power up to a about 5500 rpm.Vtuners will i do know that.Some of the earlier Trifecta tunes were about 5000 rpm.There is no need what so ever to try to twist more rpm than that.The good thing about this engines power curve stock and tuned right is it makes all its TQ at lower rpms.At lower rpm the engine also will remain very durable tuned.

Conservative Acoustic Foam
Not to mention, at least in my 2015 MT, I haven't noticed when shifting around 5k any time that the next gear was below 2k RPM (1st-4th)...so shifting later wouldn't really help that much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts