Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, first time poster. I have a 2015 LT, and I am hoping to wring a little more out of it performance wise. I've heard rave reviews about getting the car tuned by Trifecta, and I was wondering if anybody has any experience with it. My biggest concerns are 1) if it will damage the powertrain and 2) since my car is only a year old, it still has a bunch of manufacturer warranties, so I'd like to know if the tune will void those. Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

·
Registered
49 Posts
hey, I am currently tuned with Trifecta, it is amazing. let me tell you it will definitely awaken your cruze in a good way. Tunning your car won't necessarily cause any damage but obviously having a smaller engine run at a greater speed can cause damage by maybe just shortening its life in a sense . but so far my car with the tune has been running great actually even better then stock and many people running the tune say the same. I would defenitly recommend tunning your cruze , you wont be dissapointed what so ever.

as far as your warranty goes, whats good about Trifecta is they have a way of hidding your tune. once you go to the delearship, turn your tune off and boom its back to stock.

I still have warranties on my cruze and never had a problem at the dealership as long as u dont forget to hide your tune.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jesse, thanks for the info. How do you hide the tune? Does the software come with instructions on how to do all this? And which tune (advantage vs elite) did you get? My car is totally stock, but it sounds like advantage doesn't have much customer support compared to the elite.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I have the original select-a-tune by Trifecta from BNR (no longer available from BNR). Never had any warranty issues from dealer either. Have had valve cover and intake manifold both replaced under warranty. Not much support is needed if you plan to just get the tune and not add anymore mods such as intake, exhaust, or atmosphere blowout valve. I also havent dealt with WOT since BNR stopped working with Trifecta so can add to how their service is.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Autumn, thanks for the input. So you didn't buy the tune directly from Trifecta? Is it better to buy it from a third party? And everyone seems to endorse the select a tune, but since that's off the market, which would you recommend?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks ,

It all depends, are you planing on doing future mods to your cruze? Such as intake, exhaust or wtv else? Cuz if you are then trifecta elite is your best option they will help you find the perfect tune for your car with whatever mods you have done. Now if you don't plan on it the advantage is fine. I currently have the elite and trifecta will help you with whatever question and walk you through everything step by step and find the perfect tune for your cruze.

About the warranty, trifecta works with the cruise control. Cruise control on= stock, cruise control off= sport (tune), trifecta them self will be their to help you with any question you may have and instruction how to do whatever that is you want, there always the other option u can plug back your flash cable and untune your car back to stock and once done from the dealer retune it back to trifecta takes about 5-10 min no longer. I mean how many times do you really go to the dealers anyways right

Any more question feel free to ask

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Hi Autumn, thanks for the input. So you didn't buy the tune directly from Trifecta? Is it better to buy it from a third party? And everyone seems to endorse the select a tune, but since that's off the market, which would you recommend?
Couldnt tell ya on the cruise controlled tune. I know I like having the shifter to control the tune much better. I think WOT, a vender on here is selling the latest trifecta tune.

·
10,712 Posts
Take tune off when you go to the dealership. Tune is hidden from the dealership but not GM. Sending a snapshot of your ecu off will show what has been changed from stock.

·
Super Moderator
5,127 Posts
I have a 2012 Eco and I tuned also. I have the old Select a Tune and no issues when it comes to warranty besides it has an transparency mode that it cannot be detected once installed. The tune will not cause issues with your car when it comes to the warranty unless the problems can be directly caused by the installation of the tune which no one we know of has ever had any problems Like many others: Tune away with no worries and enjoy the extra get up and go.

·
10,712 Posts
I have a 2012 Eco and I tuned also. I have the old Select a Tune and no issues when it comes to warranty besides it has an transparency mode that it cannot be detected once installed. The tune will not cause issues with your car when it comes to the warranty unless the problems can be directly caused by the installation of the tune which no one we know of has ever had any problems Like many others: Tune away with no worries and enjoy the extra get up and go.
There was a few people but they admitted they tuned. Depending on the tunes age when you flash back and if it's pre or post ECU recall flash the way the GM flas is done has also changed. If you have the newest tune file update, that mimics the new way they flash ECU's. Most don't scan ECU's for the Cruze unless you go in there with stuff that's blatant AF like no cats and injectors with no drivability issue or CELS from that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi everyone, thank you all so much for the input. I appreciate the support of the Cruze community. Three questions based off what has been posted: 1) If they take a snapshot, GM see that the tune after you flash back to stock and 2) I think you can buy the tune wholesale from Trifecta's website, is that a worse idea than buying it from WOT and 3) Does the tune do anything for MPG? Thank you!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Also, to answer Jesse, my car us 100% stock and I don't plan on modifying it, so would the advantage be fine? Will they support it if it isn't working properly with my car?

·
Vendor
546 Posts
Hi everyone, thank you all so much for the input. I appreciate the support of the Cruze community. Three questions based off what has been posted: 1) If they take a snapshot, GM see that the tune after you flash back to stock and 2) I think you can buy the tune wholesale from Trifecta's website, is that a worse idea than buying it from WOT and 3) Does the tune do anything for MPG? Thank you!
Also, to answer Jesse, my car us 100% stock and I don't plan on modifying it, so would the advantage be fine? Will they support it if it isn't working properly with my car?
Hey OP! WOT-Tuning is TRIFECTA. They are one and the same now. As for your questions: 1) if you flash back to stock and they take a snapshot, they wont see anything but the factory calibration with noe write or flash increments. 2) MPG is largely unaffected. You get performance and still get to enjoy the fuel economy :)

Yes, Advantage is fine if you plac to stay stock. But if you ever do modify and need aftermarket support, you can upgrade to Elite for a small upgrade fee and get full support and never pay for a revision or update as many times as you need.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi all, first time poster. I have a 2015 LT, and I am hoping to wring a little more out of it performance wise. I've heard rave reviews about getting the car tuned by Trifecta, and I was wondering if anybody has any experience with it. My biggest concerns are 1) if it will damage the powertrain and 2) since my car is only a year old, it still has a bunch of manufacturer warranties, so I'd like to know if the tune will void those. Thanks for any help you guys can provide.
Hey man before you go spending money on a Trifecta tune I recommend checking out the BNR Tune. Its much better than Trifecta b/c Jerry (the owner of BNR) will tune specifically for your car. Its not a canned tune like trifecta is, and you will make way more power on a completely stock cruze that's BNR tuned compared to a stock cruze thats Trifecta tuned. You also get unlimited retunes at no extra cost and much better customer service. Also Jerry wont push the tune to the point were it could potentially wreck you car, my friend had Trifecta and it almost destroyed his car. BNR doesn't offer a select a tune but you will 3-4 mpg with the BNR tune and you MPG shouldn't change if you don't drive it hard.

Heres a video of a BNR Tuned Cruze VS a Trifecta Tuned Cruze

1 - 14 of 14 Posts