Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. For as ridiculus as it may be, i cannot find any type of replacement part for that center housing, in order to install a double ou triple gauge setup. I've been digging around, and the closest thing i've found was something to assembly the stock lcd when replacing the std radio and button pannel for a 2x 2din radio. Is it really such an absurd to have something like ATI pods for Subaru or Evo's made to fit that space in cruze. Would certainly apprecciate any pointers on where to go for such a piece.

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
6,917 Posts
I have not seen the parts you are looking for & am not sure if they are made yet. I love this idea, seems it might not be too hard to make something that would work. Once you remove the upper console there is even a few holes to run wires though already.

That upper compartment is only held in by two screws(under the rubber liner) and a few clips. Just pull up and then toward the back of the car to remove once you take out the screws.

·
Resident Derp
2,805 Posts
Honestly if I didn't have a 1.8L I would've fabbed this up, but with only 2 gauges. If BNR ever makes a turbo kit for my engine I will definitely be adding a boost/oil pressure gauge in a custom mount/enclosure. Depending on how cheap the current stereo screen insert is I might try and fab something up. But my current audio build takes precedence of course.

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
Hello. For as ridiculus as it may be, i cannot find any type of replacement part for that center housing, in order to install a double ou triple gauge setup.
That would be interesting. Funny you should mention the center dash top dual gauge pod. I have a 2004 GTO and the aussies (JHP specifically) sell one for 2004 thru 2006 GTOs. I wonder if there is an Australian outfit that makes one for our Cruzes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I have not seen the parts you are looking for & am not sure if they are made yet. I love this idea, seems it might not be too hard to make something that would work. Once you remove the upper console there is even a few holes to run wires though already.

That upper compartment is only held in by two screws(under the rubber liner) and a few clips. Just pull up and then toward the back of the car to remove once you take out the screws.
Yes, its quite easy. I use that space to put my TomTom Gps, and routed a usb charging cable up there, chopping up a cigarrete lighther charger and tapping it to the 12v loom. Is was a pretty rustic way, but it worked, and thats the main thing for me. So now i have a usb charger plug in that compartment and no visible wires around.

I believe it would be just as simple to do a wiring work for the gauge setup.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts