Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to put my trubenz 2.5 cat back exhaust on and the new bolts to the flange on the cat are too big. They just dont slide through the hole on the flange. Anyone else have this issue? I guess I'll need to go buy some bolts a little smaller. :wacko:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just went out and bought smaller bolts. This is a very poor fitting exhaust. Im gonna have to cut some of the pipe off after the cat so it fits. I should have paid an exhaust shop to put it on. lol

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
6,067 Posts
Hmm - my Mandrel Exhaust Systems (same company as TruBenz) downpipe fit perfectly on my Cavalier.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No idea, but it just doesnt fit in the exhaust tunnel back before the axle where it makes the two turns. I sent them a message. See what they say.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I finally got the exhaust on without cutting.It's not a 'perfect' fit, but it fits and nothing is rattling against the car.

The sound is not as loud as I thought it was going to be, but I guess it will get a little louder with time like most. It does have a very low, deep sound. Very nice. At idle, it's pretty quiet. Havent had it on the highway yet, that will be tonight.

I say it's worth the money, considering what other catbacks cost. :eek:k:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didnt have to modify anything actually. You have to put all pieces on before it fits right. It's a little close to the one heat shield at the first bend, but it fits. The tip would be more suited for a RS, though, since it sticks out a little.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I just put on my 2.5" trubendz straight pipe cat back on my '14 RS and the only issue was messing with the rear clamp to get the tip to sit right and also getting the new bolts through the cat as well. I ran a drill bit the same size as the stock holes through and the provided hardware fit easily after that.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, they sent the wrong sized bolts for mine too. Sounds like it's a common issue. I just went to home depot and got a set a size smaller. Dont want to drill anything out incase I want to put the factory exhaust back on.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I didnt have to modify anything actually. You have to put all pieces on before it fits right. It's a little close to the one heat shield at the first bend, but it fits. The tip would be more suited for a RS, though, since it sticks out a little.
You can get it on without modification but to make it sit properly it needs extensive modification

1 - 10 of 10 Posts