Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

True Flex Fuel Cruze

35103 63
So I converter my Cruze to a TRUE flex fuel car today. I installed the 42lbs/hr Bosch "green giant" injector (stock are 24lbs/hr) along with an actual flex fuel sensor and tuned my ECM with EFILive, so I now have an actual flex fuel Cruze!! :D Can run what ever fuel or mix I want and the ECM will adjust for it.

This is the write up I used on EFILives forum showing how to do this.
Chev/Holden 1.4L Cruze E85 FlexFuel Conversion

Here is the sensor I installed in the fuel line so the ECM know how much ethanol is in the gas. You can see on my V2 where it's reading 7.8% ethanol right now and commanding an AFR of 14.24. Which is right since I run pump 93oct that contains up to 10%.

Vehicle Car Engine Auto part Family car
Electronic device Technology Text Gadget Font

Time to put some E85 in it and see what it does. I did this so I can run cheap 85/87 gas and mix in a little E85 (105oct) and get the performance of running 93 but with less cost. I think I can still get close to the same mileage with only about a 25-30% mix.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,468 Posts
Man I wonder if I do this if the premium tune from Trifecta can be tweaked to do this.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,468 Posts
There is no reason why they couldn't. It was actually quite easy to do with EFILive, just a couple of tables to change and a 45 second reflash of the ECM.

The sensor cost me $74, the pig tail was $15, the hose I made up with push lock connectors was $65 and the injectors where $180.
But your not going to get the same HP by doing it that way will you.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,468 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,468 Posts
G'day Jerry, can you supply all the parts required for the this mod??
Cheers, Buk.
Badnewsracing.net they have the injectors and if you already have a Trifecta Tune they adjust that to compensate. But he dosn't carry the flex fuel sensor you wont need it, but you can't run anything but E85 unless you tune back to the premium tune.

Sent from my Droid

·
Premium Member
4,468 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,468 Posts
I just read the thread on EFILive and I wonder if that guy Boost is on here he claims to be the Fastest Cruze in Florida I wanna see video and pictures lol.

Sent from my Droid

·
Premium Member
4,468 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.