Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

True Flex Fuel Cruze

35544 Views 63 Replies 22 Participants Last post by  BlueTopaz
So I converter my Cruze to a TRUE flex fuel car today. I installed the 42lbs/hr Bosch "green giant" injector (stock are 24lbs/hr) along with an actual flex fuel sensor and tuned my ECM with EFILive, so I now have an actual flex fuel Cruze!! :D Can run what ever fuel or mix I want and the ECM will adjust for it.

This is the write up I used on EFILives forum showing how to do this.
Chev/Holden 1.4L Cruze E85 FlexFuel Conversion

Here is the sensor I installed in the fuel line so the ECM know how much ethanol is in the gas. You can see on my V2 where it's reading 7.8% ethanol right now and commanding an AFR of 14.24. Which is right since I run pump 93oct that contains up to 10%.

Vehicle Car Engine Auto part Family car
Electronic device Technology Text Gadget Font

Time to put some E85 in it and see what it does. I did this so I can run cheap 85/87 gas and mix in a little E85 (105oct) and get the performance of running 93 but with less cost. I think I can still get close to the same mileage with only about a 25-30% mix.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
258 Posts
I was interested in doing this also when we had the PT-GT. E-85 powered SRT/4s were dyno-ing 400 ft-lbs torque at the wheels. Hand grenading the transmission in the turbo clown car kinda' scared me off. I'm pretty certain the 41TE transmission was not built for the 245 ft-lbs Chrysler rated the engine at (several people put down more than that to the wheels stock....Chrysler sandbagged that number)

The only effect E85 had on our actual flex fuel 3.6 Pentastar was a reduction in fuel economy. :angry: Down from about a 19-20 average to a 15.something average. No extra "peppiness" nor any reduction in throttle response.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.