Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
6 PM tonight ET he will hold a conference to say the CDC & the NIH are incorrect. Don't Trust a word Trump will say if your life depended on it

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
4,187 Posts
Given he said nobody heard of Ebola prior to 2014, that is quite an accurate statement.

They literally made a ******* blockbuster movie about it in 1995, based on a bestselling nonfiction thriller written in 1994. And that goes without saying the major outbreaks in Ziare and Sudan in 1976...

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
4,187 Posts
He may actually be somewhat correct - it's likely that many people who actually have it, but have extremely mild symptoms (but are thus, carriers), won't report it. If they did, the mortality rate would definitely decrease, as it would increase the overall sample size. Assuming that's what he was insinuating.

·
Administrator
25,266 Posts
Now today Trump said he has a 'hunch' the CDC & the WHO Mortality figures are wrong.
I read an article yesterday by a physician at one of the big Boston area hospitals (I don't remember which one) who also teaches at Harvard Medical School that the mortality rate is very likely far lower than the currently published numbers, simply because most people won't go to the doctor but will just treat it as a heavy cold or the flu.

·
Premium Member
5,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just watched Pence give his slanted take on this Pandemic. I personally believe since most of us can't be tested this Virus has the possibility to be much worse when we know where we stand. Trump is just trying to put the best possible spin on it, calling it a Hoax and telling us a vaccine will be available in days when it could take a year or more. He doesn't believe in Science & Scientists, and has called for a major cut in funding for the CDC

covid 19 death rate countries with deaths and more than 100 cases

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Nobody knows the count anymore.

China shut the news down. All we hear about now is the rest of the countries

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
I just watched Pence give his slanted take on this Pandemic. I personally believe since most of us can't be tested this Virus has the possibility to be much worse when we know where we stand. Trump is just trying to put the best possible spin on it, calling it a Hoax and telling us a vaccine will be available in days when it could take a year or more. He doesn't believe in Science & Scientists, and has called for a major cut in funding for the CDC

covid 19 death rate countries with deaths and more than 100 cases
There is ridiculous confirmation bias in that figure. Someone getting the full SARS ventilator treatment is going to be tested for CORVID 19 while someone who is just showing flu symptoms will just go about their day.

We have ways of making a vaccine really quickly but lack of funding, ambition, etc... And also unless a virus is aiming at killing half the population the vaccine needs to be tested and go through trials which take a very very long time.

The H1N1 vaccine, which is part of the seasonal flu vaccine, is based on a 2015 strain. That’s like millions of years evolutionary speaking.

I do vaccine stuff. On top of car stuff. Who knew?

·
Premium Member
5,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nobody knows the count anymore.

China shut the news down. All we hear about now is the rest of the countries
Exactly! Trump has specifically asked for the Cruise Ship in San Francisco not to be unloaded as the numbers will go higher, he is trying to artificially keep the numbers down. In fact the actual numbers on the CDC site have now been called into question.
There is ridiculous confirmation bias in that figure. Someone getting the full SARS ventilator treatment is going to be tested for CORVID 19 while someone who is just showing flu symptoms will just go about their day.

We have ways of making a vaccine really quickly but lack of funding, ambition, etc... And also unless a virus is aiming at killing half the population the vaccine needs to be tested and go through trials which take a very very long time.

The H1N1 vaccine, which is part of the seasonal flu vaccine, is based on a 2015 strain. That’s like millions of years evolutionary speaking.

I do vaccine stuff. On top of car stuff. Who knew?
Can I ask what you do? Do you believe vaccines are poison? I only ask because today my Doctor's wife (anti-vaxxers) told me this is all a Democratic Hoax and the virus was man made. I love her, she couldn't be more mistaken. While I don't know why they put Mercury & Anti Freeze along with other questionable substances in some vaccines, there must be reasons

·
Premium Member
5,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now I just heard this directly from Trump's face:

Trump Falsely Claims Anyone Who Needs a Coronavirus Test ‘Can Get One’ – Says Tests Are ‘Perfect, Just Like the Transcript’

"Now Anybody who wants a test can get a test. The Tests are all there, they're perfect, they're beautiful, JUST LIKE MY LETTER"

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Exactly! Trump has specifically asked for the Cruise Ship in San Francisco not to be unloaded as the numbers will go higher, he is trying to artificially keep the numbers down. In fact the actual numbers on the CDC site have now been called into question.
Can I ask what you do? Do you believe vaccines are poison? I only ask because today my Doctor's wife (anti-vaxxers) told me this is all a Democratic Hoax and the virus was man made. I love her, she couldn't be more mistaken. While I don't know why they put Mercury & Anti Freeze along with other questionable substances in some vaccines, there must be reasons

I started biochemistry after I finished my Computer Science degree. I’ve done some small research projects in the area, usually involving vaccines in either a small or large part. It’s not what I do daily though...

Anti Freeze is generally ethylene glycol which is pretty safe. The mercury is part of a larger molecule which makes it safer but I understand the concerns.

A lot of safety considerations go into making this stuff, which is again why things take forever. However from my experience the process is mostly bogus and smaller unnoticeable affects can go unnoticeable.... Lookup some psychiatric drugs and the permanent changes they cause such as with Atomoxetine or some of your common SSRIS like Prozac. These effects are only now being studied but these drugs passed their clinical trials with no adverse affects. Now yes the affects are minor but we don’t really know what the ramifications really are.

And at the end of the day that’s the big problem. We don’t know enough. Which is something I can at least attempt to help with.

Now with vaccines a big goal is to make vaccines more pure basically which will require less preservation. For the most part people hate the preservatives so that would be a big boost. We basically want to make the vaccine only out of the part the immune system needs to learn it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts