1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
...ours (LTZ) is fine too.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Yes, mine (LTZ) has to be slammed several times to close also. I had a first year Chrysler 300 with the same issue. It eventually worked itself out. I'm assuming the same will happen with the Cruze.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good news, I fixed it myself in two mins because I hate dealer visits. How to// open trunk, careful pry off plastic cover where trunk latch catches on the vehicle. Loosen the two nuts that are under that cover slightly. Move the whole piece up (or down depending on how it was set). Tighten and retry before putting cover back on. It make take some trial and error to get it set in the best place. Make sure they are tight when you are satisfied with the way it closes. Put cover back on.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Good news, I fixed it myself in two mins because I hate dealer visits. How to// open trunk, careful pry off plastic cover where trunk latch catches on the vehicle. Loosen the two nuts that are under that cover slightly. Move the whole piece up (or down depending on how it was set). Tighten and retry before putting cover back on. It make take some trial and error to get it set in the best place. Make sure they are tight when you are satisfied with the way it closes. Put cover back on.
I had this issue too. I found a better adjustment: pry off plastic cover where trunk latch catches on the vehicle. Loosen the two bolts that are under that cover slightly, but just before the hook starts moving. Close the trunk. Fold down the rear seats and go into the trunk. Loosen the two nuts so the hook it’s adjusting by itself. Tighten back the bolts and now you can get out to the trunk. It is the perfect and quick adjustment, just check everything from outside and voila! :)

·
Premium Member
2011 1.4L T LTZ RS
3,226 Posts
yeah its easily fixable. NOTICE* when taking off the plastic cover that goes over the metal latch, very easily and smoothly take it off with your hands or a flat head screw driver. Loosen the bolts and its fine....dont loosen them to much or else they'll fall right off in time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is there a video on this anywhere???

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
13,687 Posts
Is there a video on this anywhere???
Welcome Aboard!(y)

This is really easy. There are two posts above that explain it pretty well. What are you confused about?

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.