Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
15,763 Posts
I have basically done the same as Boats with the cars I previously owned. I would drill a hole and use a bolt. I would use a Dremel tool to sand the area and then paint over everything once it is secured to prevent rusting. The area where the spare tire is stored always seemed to work best for me.
This is the absolute best way to do it. A nut, a bolt, a hole, and a sanded bare metal surface is what you need for a proper ground connection. Self-tapping screws will loosen up over time and cannot be relied on for holding down a ground terminal. It's easy and simple, but most certainly not the best or most reliable way to do it. I'd even add a lock washer or use a locking nut.

·
Administrator
15,763 Posts
Nooo don't drill! On the passenger side to the rear of the fender, there is a box mounted (remove trunk liner). There are grounding bolts already there. Just loosen the nut and attach your Bazooka ground. That is what I did with mine and all is good.
I haven't had a chance to install my system in my Cruze yet, so I didn't look for mounting points that may already exist. If there's already a place like this to mount it to, definitely do that, but don't forget to sand off the metal surface so you make a good contact.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts