Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 Cruz with 10K miles, bought in January 2014, has done a lot of sitting in garage, driven daily the last few months.

Wife calls in a panic, trunk won't open with fob or pushing the button by the trunk. Dash says trunk open. Restarting car several times makes no difference.
Makes an appointment with dealer for the afternoon.
Drives on rough road under construction, problem goes away.
"Scheduler" person tells her they can't really do anything unless the problem is happening, advises she cancel the appointment.

What to do? Is there a TSB on this? I saw some other threads about trunks opening on their own, of course this seems to be the opposite. Is there some adjustment? Can crud get into some sensor? It rained here last night, car is kept in garage at night, humidity is going way up and down with strange weather (coastal southern California). I'm guessing "trunk open" warnings aren't logged anywhere.

I can no longer do any work on cars myself. Wife is extremely picky about cars working reliably and flawlessly.

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Trunk lid is likely stuck to the seal from lack of use....mine does it often.....just pull up on the lid and the seal will release it.....that's why the 'trunk open' light is on...it is unlatched, just stuck on the seals.

Rob

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,297 Posts
Come to think of IT I always lubricate the weather stripping of the entire vehichle at or around this time of YEAR ...Liquid wrench silicone spray or comperable should suffice for the sticking weather stripping ..

·
Conservative Acoustic Foam
1,028 Posts
I've noticed this about my 2015 since the day I bought it. If I don't open my trunk for a few days (and that's pretty much the norm) then the trunk doesn't pop up upon release. Sometimes it takes a considerable amount of pressure to "break the seal".

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
Come to think of IT I always lubricate the weather stripping of the entire vehichle at or around this time of YEAR ...Liquid wrench silicone spray or comperable should suffice for the sticking weather stripping ..
Also helps with freezing rain and your doors Literally freezing to the rubber seals. Which I have had happen on other cars before more than once.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts