Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Reverend Red Bull
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the trunk-mounted trunk release switch on my 2014 Diesel. Seems like it should be an easy job, but locating the part has become a bit challenging. The Dorman Part Number 901-166 replacement switch is labeled at most sites with the note "without rear parking camera." I'm not sure why it would be different, but the note seems pretty consistent from site to site, and the Dorman switch is the only one I have been able to locate.

Has anybody replaced the trunk-mounted trunk release button on their Cruze with the back up camera, and if so what part number did you use? Does anyone know the OEM part number for the switch on a vehicle with a back-up camera or an aftermarket part that is labeled for use with the camera?

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
That's a good one. I wouldn't think the Diesel would be that different from a 2LT, but I'm not finding any switch on my go-to place at GM Parts Direct.

I'd think the only difference in the switch between camera and non-camera would be the harness connector.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
4,770 Posts
I'll be following this - our switch hasn't worked for a good few months now.

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
Ill ask parts department for a gm #... THEY REQUESTED A VIN SO WE CAN GET A EXACT MATCH

·
Registered
20 Posts
My brother has a 2012 and I'm also doing some research on this switch. But as a side note, isn't your 2014 still under warranty?

·
Reverend Red Bull
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For the benefit of others who might seek this thread out for information. I received the following part numbers from another member in a private message:

95270498 - OEM part for trunk switch harness WITH backup camera. Includes license plate lights, switch, and (lighting, switch, and camera) connectors as one assembly.

95270497 - OEM part for trunk switch harness withOUT backup camera. Includes license plate lights, switch, and (lighting and switch) connectors as one assembly.

Once I saw how the harness was configured, I chose to attempt the repair using the Dorman 901-166 replacement switch, since it splices onto the harness in place of the old switch, regardless of which harness it is. I hope to get to it one of these weekends before it starts to snow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts