Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son bought a '12 certified pre-owned Cruze last December. The trunk was wet (damp) when we bought it, but it seemed as if it were only condensation and wasn't a large amount of water. The b2b warranty expired last May. Super dry summer no leaks. Flash forward to approximately December 15.

We've been having copious amounts of rain for two weeks. Guess what? Wet trunk. Called the dealer and was told cpo warranty wouldn't cover leaks. Anyway made me start hunting. Nothing like learning something for yourself, along with the help of my 16 year old son.

We removed all the trunk interior trim and folded the back seats flat. He, being the scrawny 120 lbs. kid he is, laid on the seat backs and into the trunk with a flashlight. I first thought we'd found an entry point around the vents in the trunk, but is wasn't anything like we were seeing, plus I had to spray directly up into the vent to get water through. I soaked the underside of the fender. No leaks. I knew about the problems with the taillight seams and the six inch weld at the trunk lip (praying it wasn't this one as it would be tough to get to. No leaks.

I then turned my attention to the top side (passenger side) and within a couple of seconds he was screaming "tons of water." The water was coming in apparently under the base of the windshield similar to the tsb referenced above, except mine was on the opposite side.

Anyway I did a search and couldn't find a copy of the tsb. Through a source which shall remain anonymous, I obtained a copy. Pictures and issues matched my problem, except opposite side.

Long story short after using about a tube of automotive grade silicone I THINK (I never want to be too positive with something like a water leak too early in the process) I fixed the problem.

For those of you who've been chasing trunk leaks. (seems to be common with the Cruze) you might take a look at this. When water got in the trunk it ran down interior supports and moved to the bottom right of the trunk and then ran along the floor to the front of the trunk. In short, it wasn't wet where you would have expected.

I'd be glad to post the tsb, but the uploader for the site says the file is too large. If someone wants it just pm me and I'll get it to you some way or another.

I haven't posted much on Cruzetalk, but please know your information on the forum has been a great source of help with my son's first car.

Best wishes and happy NEW YEAR!

·
Registered
4 Posts
My son bought a '12 certified pre-owned Cruze last December. The trunk was wet (damp) when we bought it, but it seemed as if it were only condensation and wasn't a large amount of water. The b2b warranty expired last May. Super dry summer no leaks. Flash forward to approximately December 15.

We've been having copious amounts of rain for two weeks. Guess what? Wet trunk. Called the dealer and was told cpo warranty wouldn't cover leaks. Anyway made me start hunting. Nothing like learning something for yourself, along with the help of my 16 year old son.

We removed all the trunk interior trim and folded the back seats flat. He, being the scrawny 120 lbs. kid he is, laid on the seat backs and into the trunk with a flashlight. I first thought we'd found an entry point around the vents in the trunk, but is wasn't anything like we were seeing, plus I had to spray directly up into the vent to get water through. I soaked the underside of the fender. No leaks. I knew about the problems with the taillight seams and the six inch weld at the trunk lip (praying it wasn't this one as it would be tough to get to. No leaks.

I then turned my attention to the top side (passenger side) and within a couple of seconds he was screaming "tons of water." The water was coming in apparently under the base of the windshield similar to the tsb referenced above, except mine was on the opposite side.

Anyway I did a search and couldn't find a copy of the tsb. Through a source which shall remain anonymous, I obtained a copy. Pictures and issues matched my problem, except opposite side.

Long story short after using about a tube of automotive grade silicone I THINK (I never want to be too positive with something like a water leak too early in the process) I fixed the problem.

For those of you who've been chasing trunk leaks. (seems to be common with the Cruze) you might take a look at this. When water got in the trunk it ran down interior supports and moved to the bottom right of the trunk and then ran along the floor to the front of the trunk. In short, it wasn't wet where you would have expected.

I'd be glad to post the tsb, but the uploader for the site says the file is too large. If someone wants it just pm me and I'll get it to you some way or another.

I haven't posted much on Cruzetalk, but please know your information on the forum has been a great source of help with my son's first car.

Can you please send me the tbs on my email. [email protected]
I would highly appreciate it.ty so much

·
Registered
1 Posts

Would appreciate it if you send it to me. I have a 2011 Cruze Eco with leaky trunk and I keep drying up. New to here and to owning a Cruze.
[email protected]

Many Thanks!
-Estep

·
Registered
2 Posts

can you send it to me [email protected]

·
Registered
1 Posts

Can you please send to my email [email protected]?

·
Registered
1 Posts

I have a similar issue, would you be that kind and send me the TSB picture? lukasz . [email protected]. Thank you!!

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,224 Posts
Y'all, if you're gonna post a full email address online, at least put a space in there to reduce the spam bots absolutely smoking your inbox. for instance: joe @aol.com

Reactions: LukDab
1 - 8 of 8 Posts