Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am looking at a new head-unit. i am wondering how does the power on button work on the radio. when no keys are in the car? sure is nice though.

only thing stopping me from buying one.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
Can you be more specific ! which H U , Model , Make .. a Link would be helpful .

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
dont really have a link its a kenwood deck 2 din with nav. is what i plan on getting.
but the car is a base 14

but i hate to say this i sold it 9months ago and got a ram 1500 11 model and it doesnt have it.
really miss that feature.. (really needed a truck.) car has been good to me. now everytime i want to listen to music with the door open i get chime. instead of music, or i could put it in start and have everything else run also.

i know you can hot wire it to the batt. but it wouldnt be that great...

if i could have help in figuring out that would be great.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
Where your door latches to the inside of the body to stay shut is a mechanism that rotates and Latches .. while the door is open roll a finger against the mechanism to the lock position .. wallah no more door chimes .. just remember that you have to unlock this door before closing IT ..as far as the radio . you should be able to turn the ignition to the Accessary position .

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
Radios get constant 12v power to retain memory and to draw current for the board in the radio. Not sure if thats what you meant

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts
I'm confused -- didn't you just make a post about trading in your LS for a truck?

*nevermind - didn't see the reply further down... but I'm still kinda confused :)*

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts
So it looks like he just got rid of his truck
But in the other post he said something about his grandma buying him a truck and he traded in the LS after 9 months of owning it and he doesn't miss it.... but in this post I thought he was talking about his Cruze... I don't know what the ****.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts