Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Trying to figure out what is wrong...

1093 Views 4 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  GonzoCharged
Just got the vehicle after driving my old Subaru with a cosigner. Car was driving fine other than it stalled out once in the middle of driving. Accidentally broke my key one day at work, bought a new key and programmed it. After it started the car began showing service stabilitrak, service traction control, engine light began blinking. Oil level was extremely low couple nights ago after my wife and I got back home from her grandfather's. So I filled the oil, still nothing changed. The issue was accelerating it began stuttering(as I call it) when accelerating, the RPMs needle danced(say I'm at 3000, it would dance above, even below). Checked my plugs, they are tight, checked the coil pack(I'm assuming)...it had a spring stuck not truly fully touching the plug, but it never had this issue until the new key replacement. It stutters every time I try to accelerate barely even pressing the pedal.

I have a 2014 Cruze LT 1.4l Turbo.

Things that don't sound right in my ears is the heavy ticking, removing the oil cap or dip stick I hear a very very loud chirping. Place the cap and or dip stick back in and no more chirping sound.
Things seen in my eyes, freshly driven, let's say 10 minutes outs to the store, I take the oil cap off, I can see smoke coming out.
Things I can smell, the oil when the heat is on even if I use cool air it's sometimes noticeable.
Only known issues is warped rotors, possibly purge valve needs changed due to rough starts after filling up(could be wrong).

Can y'all please help me out...not a big big GM owner, prefer my old del Sol. But tbh I fell in love with my Cruze and so did my wife. I want to keep her running even until old age consumes me and it's literally falling apart before I decide to ever give it up. I love the car that much.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2014 Chevy Cruze LT 1.4L Turbo
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I also forgot to mention the vehicle was dismantled and all from an investigation of a man who skipped bail. How I know is the man lived directly two places up from my wife and I. A bounty hunter and bail bondsman came to our place and shown us the man with a photo in which his(now my Cruze) was in. A dealership bought the vehicle and I didn't notice until I looked at my driver door and there was the police impound sticker.

· Registered
2014 Chevy Cruze LT 1.4L Turbo
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Get your negative battery cable serviced, and charge the battery. Do an oil change, check the air filter, and your pcv system. I recommend shopping off rockauto for things, refer to this link on the pcv system 2011-2016 Cruze Limited 1.4L PCV System Explained
All has been done...the air filter clean as a whistle. Replaced that with my first oil change of owning it, 64% left, pcv(?) Honestly I think I have a clue on what you're talking about, but could be wrong. If I'm right your saying the purge valve(?), Solenoid(?). Everything is good good, just why in the elephino do I still have stutters underload, also everything for recalls has been done prior to owning it. I don't really have a clue, haven't checked my plugs, I know for a sure fact my coil pack is bad due to a spring was missing, when I turn, oh good golly miss Molly my car will begin to stutter feeling like she wants to shut off and the lights flicker on off on off and don't shut off entirely, the hazard light button flickers everything before fully starting now. The only things which have stumped me from day one. Yeah I wish I still had my back up 05 Malibu it's safer than my spare vehicle. Lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.