Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so I got a baby otw and I can't spend $300 on a tune right now. So my question is...if I upgrade the spring on the bpv or upgrade the bpv all together, would I get more boost without the tune? And if you know any other ways to get more hp/tq there always welcome.

Already got the aftermarket intake.

·
Administrator
25,598 Posts
Run 91/93 octane gas. The LUV engine is designed for 91 octane and throws away power to protect the engine when running on 87 octane. Also, check your spark plugs and ensure they're gapped between 0.028" and 0.030". This seems to be the sweet spot for power from the plugs.

·
Conservative Acoustic Foam
1,028 Posts
Also, just because I'm an engineer and can't help myself, your original suggestion is flawed.

The BPV (or BOV, if equipped) does absolutely nothing to regulate boost. The reason you hear about the springs being upgraded is because they can cause a leak if they aren't strong enough to handle higher levels of pressure.

The component of the system that regulates how much exhaust routes through (and around) your turbo is the wastegate. And in our cars the wastegate solenoid is electronically controlled by the ECU. Hence the need for a tune. The computer directly controls the power that the turbo is making.

·
Vendor
972 Posts
If you want the most power for your money check out BNR tunes. We don't get a lot of press over here on the forums but join the cruzetalk facebook group and ask which tune you should get ;)

·
Vendor
972 Posts
I've got a dealer in Boyer, PA if you want to make a drive and save a bunch of money and get an in person tune

Reactions: bostonboy

·
Registered
29 Posts
I got BNR tune and the difference in power is day and night!!
Best money ever spent and that's also the most Hp per $ u can buy.
I must add jerry also has the best customer service, I have contacted him Sunday 1 am n he is there helping me out! This guy never stops to amaze me

1 - 11 of 11 Posts