Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Cruze with a 1.4 and would like to know peoples gas mileage results over a longer period of time. Say at least a few thousand after compared to what you were getting before. I want to get a BNR tune and want to make sure my gas mileage is not going to suffer during routine highway driving on trips.

·
Super Moderator
5,170 Posts
It all depends on you. How much you "use" that extra power and get into the accelerator. If you are just cruising on the highway it chances are you are using CC that turns the tune off anyway and MPG should be good.

·
Registered
110 Posts
i haven't noticed a difference. as long as you can keep your foot out of it you'll be fine.

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
I am in "Eco" mode (CC on) about 95% of my miles. and in "Sport" (CC off) mode every once in a while. I saw little to no change in my MPG.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is this a Trifecta tune with select a tune or a BNR tune using EFI live etc.? I m not clear as to whether the BNR tune can be turned on and off.

I am in "Eco" mode (CC on) about 95% of my miles. and in "Sport" (CC off) mode every once in a while. I saw little to no change in my MPG.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is this a Trifecta tune with select a tune or a BNR tune using EFI live etc.? I m not clear as to whether the BNR tune can be turned on and off.

It all depends on you. How much you "use" that extra power and get into the accelerator. If you are just cruising on the highway it chances are you are using CC that turns the tune off anyway and MPG should be good.

·
Vendor
994 Posts
BNR tunes do not have select a tune. We don't need it. We get better MPG and insane power without needing any kind of selectable tuning. If you want an extreme eco tune, far more eco oriented than a selectable tune could offer, we can do that as well.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Jerry, for the clarification. Not worried about better gas mileage as making sure it does not get worse cruising down the highway or interstate.

BNR tunes do not have select a tune. We don't need it. We get better MPG and insane power without needing any kind of selectable tuning. If you want an extreme eco tune, far more eco oriented than a selectable tune could offer, we can do that as well.

·
Vendor
994 Posts
No it won't get worse, if anything it will get better. Part throttle and full throttle tuning are very different on these cars. You can essentially have a set of conditions that the vehicle operates under act differently than another. Most of the time our tunes get 2-3 or more better MPG than stock, while making a TON more power at wide open throttle.

Reactions: AlcoholicPolak

·
Registered
11 Posts
No it won't get worse, if anything it will get better. Part throttle and full throttle tuning are very different on these cars. You can essentially have a set of conditions that the vehicle operates under act differently than another. Most of the time our tunes get 2-3 or more better MPG than stock, while making a TON more power at wide open throttle.
What type of MPG gains can one expect with an "extreme" ECO tune that you mentioned earlier? Is the ECO tune for 87 or 91?

·
Registered
86 Posts
So glad to hear this. I drive a ton for work with a mix of highway and city driving. The extra power and MPG is win win. Looking forward to getting this done in the spring.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Can you PM me more info on the extreme eco tuning?

2-3% or 2-3mpg?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts