Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just ordered the tune program for the HOLDEN CRUZE 1.4 turbo. Will be here next week. It is the Aussie equivalent of the trifecta tune. I will update the results as soon as I get on to this. I am not expecting race car performance but an increase on what it has now would be fantastic. Body kit should also arrive next week............like a kid at Christmas time here waiting for Santa!:giggle:

·
Premium Member
4,147 Posts
You just missed Christmas in July by a couple of months. Waiting on the results.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea that's me. late for many things except dinner! I am very anxious to see what a difference it makes. Should be good. Good bad or indifferent I will put up the results for fellow Aussie Cruzers.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I am sure you will be happy with it.Any link to the tuners web site?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And me makes three.............yet. Your welcome for the link. Just waiting on the programmer to arrive now! I'm surprised you can't hear my fingers impatiently tapping on the desk!!!!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok so here is a quick update. I finally got the controller cable to start this off. After a week of waiting for it to arrive (post here is dreadful) I plug it in try to log my stock tune and nothing. I get an error saying that it can't read the controller (vehicle detection). Talked to the guys at Mace and they are looking in to it. Looks like I will need to send this one back and wait for another one. Another week gone. I took a couple of days off from work to do all this. Between waiting for replies to emails and poor post (not their fault) I am already not impressed. $745.00 dollars all up for the program, tune and cable and I have nothing so far. I am reserving my opinion and judgement until I have a result. Mace has apologized for this but the amount of time I feel this is going to take to sort out is a bitter disappointment. SO there we are so far!

·
Premium Member
4,147 Posts
My Son has a 1999 VT Commodore wagon that recently had a new diff put in, 4.11 v 3.45. Took it in to get the speedo corrected and it had 192 RW kw with 220,000 km on the clock. So what the heck he got a LS1 edit while he was there and now has 226.7 RW kw. This car is a Station Wagon equivalent to a 04 GTO with 6 speed manual. Only mod is Cat back exhaust.

That is 304 RW horsepower.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
New update. The software they had me download was the wrong one. From their website they had me download the driver and tuning software and was told it was the current version. Well they were wrong. Turns out I needed the TRIFECTA tuning software since this is effectively Trifecta Flash Tune. So after a whole afternoon of waiting I made a phone call and politely but firmly expressed my dis-satisfaction with the lack of support given and lack of instructions. Within an hour of me telling the rep that I was more than happy to speak to the manager about my concerns I had an email with the link needed to download the correct software for the OBDII cable and controller. So back on track and just waiting for my calibration files to be read and the base tune to be emailed back. Fingers crossed I should be data logging sometime today, fingers crossed!! Should have just contacted trifecta in the first place. Probably would have been tuned by now.

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
it had 192 RW kw with 220,000 km on the clock. So what the heck he got a LS1 edit while he was there and now has 226.7 RW kw.
Nice bump in HP for naturally aspirated car!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Base tune arrived early this afternoon our time. I have flashed it in to the cruze and taken it for a quick test run. OH MY! What a difference this has made and it is only the base tune, no tweaking yet. This thing goes like a scalded cat now. It was reasonably impressive before but the difference is dramatic. SO tomorrow will be spent having some fun logging some runs for the fine tune. But I can say now I am not disappointed with the results so far. Better than I expected. I will continue to update as I go. I think I will need to change from Poison Ivy to The incredible hulk LOL.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Glad things have worked out ok. Sounds like you have had a win... Be interesting to see if you get additional improvements with a little more tweaking.. Have a look at the fuel figures and see if they have changed on the highway under normal driving conditions..

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Glad things have worked out ok. Sounds like you have had a win... Be interesting to see if you get additional improvements with a little more tweaking.. Have a look at the fuel figures and see if they have changed on the highway under normal driving conditions..
Yea these are the things I am interested in seeing. I have some runs to log so plenty of data to gather. I want to cover all the scenarios I can so they can optimize the settings. More to come.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I noticed you have had the trifecta tune for a couple of months now just wondering if you have had any issues since flashing? Also are you running ulp or pulp fuel? Any issues when talking it for service at dealership? Thanks in advance?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts