Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This would be a question for people with a tuned cruze (I don't care what tune you have) and gauges or some sort of readout, But what is you're guys AFR mix at? I picked up a new downpipe (I ordered a zzp one and did not get the widebad bung added on) sold that one and bought one from BNR and a wideband guage as well. I'm just curious to see what you guys are running at, I picked up the failsafe gauge from AEM and want to kinnda see what area I should be looking at for the safe zone when I get that setup.

Failsafe gauge:
[HR][/HR]Wideband Failsafe Gauge | AEM

·
Registered
50 Posts
This is something I want to know as well. with the new PAL trifecta tune, wideband in my zzp downpipe it hovers at about 10.8:1 at WOT at around 4k rpm, occasionally pegging the gauge at 10:1 (I have an analog autometer cobalt wideband)

Is it just me or is that pig rich? cruising it hovers between 14.3-15:1, 1/3-2/3 throttle its at about 12.0:1. debating loading my old select-a-tune to see if there is a difference since I added the wideband after.

·
Registered
647 Posts
well each car is different because of mods and location but my afrs are at 11.9 to 12.2 but i run meth. stock tune would be some where around 11.0 and i have seen some tuned with out meth run in the mid 10's. the gauge you ordered is going to be tough because our boost varies so much and so does the afr.( a lot of features on that gauge you will not be able to use cause of how our cars are set up). at normal driving i see any where from 13.9 to 15.4 but that's just the ecm trying to hit its target and my right foot moving.

·
Registered
647 Posts
This is something I want to know as well. with the new PAL trifecta tune, wideband in my zzp downpipe it hovers at about 10.8:1 at WOT at around 4k rpm, occasionally pegging the gauge at 10:1 (I have an analog autometer cobalt wideband)

Is it just me or is that pig rich? cruising it hovers between 14.3-15:1, 1/3-2/3 throttle its at about 12.0:1. debating loading my old select-a-tune to see if there is a difference since I added the wideband after.
nope its normal...the ecm uses fuel to lower egt temps to save the pistons. so at wide open on this car 10 is not uncommon

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea, I was thinking I would see somewhere around 11.5 during WOT cruising I would think around the mid 14's. I'm not running meth or trifecta so I can't speak from experience on those 2, Although I will be running meth here soon once I decide if I'm going to go through with a turbo swap or not in the near future :D

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
At 4000 wot i run about 12.9 at 5500 its around 12.0.But also will revert to 10.0 for cat over temp.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Im curious of this aswell. Im ordering an aem wide band gauge here soon and getting a bung welded in so i can see my afr mix. I woukd think youd wanna be in the high 10's to high 11's for wot afr. Anything over that could be too lean.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Stock is pig rich at wot and higher rpms.This is to protect the motor and stop knock retard.Most stock cruzes would be running on 87.Leaning the mixture tuned will allow more power to be made at mid to higher rpms.Vtuner will tend to run a little leaner than Trifecta will.As long as no knock retard is present your all set.That is also why if your tuned for 93 its not a good idea to allow the system to switch back to a low octane map if you put 87 in.I say this based on Vtuner not Trifecta.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts