Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About to order the Trifecta tune for my 1.8 Cruze and was wondering if it would be more reasonable to get an intake before or after. Keeping in mind that eventually I would like to get an intake and potentially an exhaust. (Magnaflow). Sorry if this has been asked a million times before.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
19 Posts
About to order the Trifecta tune for my 1.8 Cruze and was wondering if it would be more reasonable to get an intake before or after. Keeping in mind that eventually I would like to get an intake and potentially an exhaust. (Magnaflow). Sorry if this has been asked a million times before.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
im about to tune a completely stock 1.8l to see what gains you can get.. Then adding a intake and so forth.. I mainly just want to turbo the **** out of this motor! I'm using HP turner by the way..

·
Super Moderator
5,180 Posts
Get the intake before(If you are going to get one). The tune could be calibrated differently with the intake on vs. stock. I bought the tune first when I had the 1.8 and then considered an intake but never got one before it was totaled. I asked if the tune would need to be changed after the intake and Steve said if there is a problem yes. If you get the tune first you may be satisfied with the performance w/o the intake. If you are going to get an intake do that first then you may not feel the need to tune! One thing to consider when tuning, you always need to use premium fuel unless you already do. FWIW

·
Lyrical Wordsmith
6,748 Posts
Get the tune, when you get your magnaflow, get it re-tuned (don't think you will need it, but just incase) and then when you get the intake datalog and re-tune (you can datalog and re-tune as much as you'd like it is free, no worries!)

But do get it, i have the 1.8L and it is really a different car.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Can't wait to get my tune! I really hope the difference is night and day.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I ordered my tune from BNR (just waiting for the cable) and from what I hear it is an night and day difference especially for the automatics.

·
Lyrical Wordsmith
6,748 Posts
Get the tune, when you get your magnaflow, get it re-tuned (don't think you will need it, but just incase) and then when you get the intake datalog and re-tune (you can datalog and re-tune as much as you'd like it is free, no worries!)

But do get it, i have the 1.8L and it is really a different car.
I ordered my tune from BNR (just waiting for the cable) and from what I hear it is an night and day difference especially for the automatics.
These two are right.

Congrats on the purchase.

And yes one of them is me, come at me bro.

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
Reactions: Calintz
1 - 10 of 10 Posts