Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I'm looking into tuning my CTD.

I DO NOT WANT a tuning service (fleece or similar). I want to tune it myself.

Is there an EFIlive or HPTuners setup or similar that I need or some other setup? Is there an open source (DIRT CHEAP) setup? I'm pretty comfortable with it all. Please give me a brief rundown of requirements! And this setup, would it also work on an ECO model too?

Does anybody have a copy of a stock tune and all the processor information? or a picture of the processor label?

Please and Thanks!

·
Premium Member
851 Posts
To my knowledge, the stock Diesel ECU has yet to be cracked. Encryption is a bitch!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
It's been cracked by Fleece and allegedly a guy in the UK which requires sending it away.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So there are companies that clearly have gained access. Nobody knows if they've release self tuning software or anything that isn't a brainless tune upload? I am not a fan of this brainless idea of tuning. It's absolutely TERRIBLE for the community.

·
Registered
791 Posts
So there are companies that clearly have gained access. Nobody knows if they've release self tuning software or anything that isn't a brainless tune upload? I am not a fan of this brainless idea of tuning. It's absolutely TERRIBLE for the community.
tell us want your idea of a tune should be. then I will tell you mine. your asking us about tunes out there but already saying that there brainless ideas. not sure I follow.

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
I don't see how it's terrible for the community. That doesn't make much sense. Tunes made by companies that can simply be installed onto your car are great for people who want to get more performance out of their car but don't know how to tune themselves. When it comes to cars like the Diesel Cruze, quite a few things can be harmed if a tune is done wrong, most notably the emissions system.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Their ideas are not brainless. Loading an a b or c map IS. I am looking for custom tuning. I don't want a tune that's designed to work in Colorado, Washington state and Arizona. I want one tuned for my car by me.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Their ideas are not brainless. Loading an a b or c map IS. I am looking for custom tuning. I don't want a tune that's designed to work in Colorado, Washington state and Arizona. I want one tuned for my car by me.
if your able too do that then all the power to ya....... the tune I have is so much better than the stock tune an better on fuel an feel I don`t need any more than that with stock engine. welcome to the forum.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,297 Posts
I never met a tuner I did not like . Just don't add alchohol !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts