Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any guides to replace the turbo charger coolant lines? Mine is leaking and i got the parts i just cant seem to find a good guide!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I’m in the same boat. I started removing my turbo last night. There’s a 17mm bolt that connects one of the water lines to the block that’s a real CU Next Tuesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
7,936 Posts
This might help:

·
Registered
2 Posts
@Thebigzeus What size rubber hose did you use to replace the coolant return line? Has it held up over time or was this just done? Mine leaks occasionally, but seems to be a costly repair at the dealership. Any other tips you learned while replacing this part?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@Thebigzeus What size rubber hose did you use to replace the coolant return line? Has it held up over time or was this just done? Mine leaks occasionally, but seems to be a costly repair at the dealership. Any other tips you learned while replacing this part?
It is expensive up to 1000$☹, when you have the turbo out might as well as do the oil cooler as well

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze 1LT
603 Posts
This is the hose I used: Amazon.com: Vibrant Performance 20412 Heater Hose: Automotive (but not at the price they're asking now)

Gotta use those specific clamps too, the ribs on the worm clamps cut into the outside of the hose. It was done about a month ago, no leaks yet, pressure tested for 8 hours.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
84 Posts
I’m in the same boat. I started removing my turbo last night. There’s a 17mm bolt that connects one of the water lines to the block that’s a real CU Next Tuesday.

I just wrapped up replacing that line. With as big of a pain in the ass it was to remove that turbo, I wish to god I would have replaced everything back there.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just wrapped up replacing that line. With as big of a pain in the ass it was to remove that turbo, I wish to god I would have replaced everything back there.

Did you need any special tools for it?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Did you need any special tools for it?
Nothing special. I had to borrow a T45 for the banjo bolt that the attached the oil feed line to the turbo. The oil return tube is a real piss pot to attach without removing the cat. I had to replace that as I destroyed it when I pulled tithe turbo out.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What kind of clamps did you use with the heater hose? I'm gonna try to find some time to do it, did you drain coolant as well?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts