Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys anyone know if this part is covered under power train? Found a leak under the shitty heat wrap Part # 55567067. Part connects from a hose after water outlet to the turbo. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
Perhaps this can help, I use the GMPP

Engine coverage includes all internally lubricated parts, engine oil cooling hoses, and lines. Also included are all actuators and electrical components internal to the engine (e.g., Active Fuel Management valve, lifter and oil manifold) cylinder head, block, timing gears, timing chain, timing cover, oil pump/oil pump housing, OHC carriers, valve covers, oil pan, seals, gaskets, manifolds, flywheel, water pump, harmonic balancer, engine mount, turbocharger, and supercharger. Timing belts are covered until the first scheduled maintenance interval. Exclusions: Excluded from the powertrain coverage are sensors, wiring, connectors, engine radiator, coolant hoses, coolant, and heater core. Coverage on the engine cooling system begins at the inlet to the water pump and ends with the thermostat housing and/or outlet that attaches to the return hose. Also excluded is the starter motor, entire pressurized fuel system (in-tank fuel pump, pressure lines, fuel rail(s), regulator, injectors, and return line), as well as the Engine/ Powertrain Control Module and/or module programming.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perhaps this can help, I use the GMPP

Engine coverage includes all internally lubricated parts, engine oil cooling hoses, and lines. Also included are all actuators and electrical components internal to the engine (e.g., Active Fuel Management valve, lifter and oil manifold) cylinder head, block, timing gears, timing chain, timing cover, oil pump/oil pump housing, OHC carriers, valve covers, oil pan, seals, gaskets, manifolds, flywheel, water pump, harmonic balancer, engine mount, turbocharger, and supercharger. Timing belts are covered until the first scheduled maintenance interval. Exclusions: Excluded from the powertrain coverage are sensors, wiring, connectors, engine radiator, coolant hoses, coolant, and heater core. Coverage on the engine cooling system begins at the inlet to the water pump and ends with the thermostat housing and/or outlet that attaches to the return hose. Also excluded is the starter motor, entire pressurized fuel system (in-tank fuel pump, pressure lines, fuel rail(s), regulator, injectors, and return line), as well as the Engine/ Powertrain Control Module and/or module programming.
Yeah this is what confuses me. Based off what the warranty states it should be covered. I mean its not a hose, more a pipe/line. It also definitely comes after the water pump, and before the outlet to the return hose (as also mentioned in the warranty). The only "return line" that not covered in the warranty is from the pressurized fuel system (I don't believe this is the case unless im wrong). Could this be a good argument? Curious to see what you guys think Thanks!

·
Registered
54 Posts
that is part 55567067 and should be covered under warranty, it also requires parts 55572127 and 55571900 to change it.
technically if you look at it the pipe is between the inlet to the water pump and thermostat housing since both are on opposite sides of the engine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I just got back from the dealership and they insisted it wasn't covered under power train warranty. Since I had the parts I just paid labor. They also found my waterpump and thermostat leaking which they covered under warranty. I talked to both a service rep and manager... Last year they also repaired the water outlet under warranty, however they charged me for a coolant flush. I also asked about this, and the service manager said "thats why you don't have to pay for coolant on this repair" and also since it was so long ago he couldn't do anything about it. I might have to call chevy care Canada ...

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Last year they also repaired the water outlet under warranty, however they charged me for a coolant flush. I also asked about this, and the service manager said "thats why you don't have to pay for coolant on this repair" and also since it was so long ago he couldn't do anything about it. I might have to call chevy care Canada ...
Coolant is part of the repair under warranty. You should not have to pay for it either time.

·
Registered
254 Posts
So I just got back from the dealership and they insisted it wasn't covered under power train warranty. Since I had the parts I just paid labor. They also found my waterpump and thermostat leaking which they covered under warranty. I talked to both a service rep and manager... Last year they also repaired the water outlet under warranty, however they charged me for a coolant flush. I also asked about this, and the service manager said "thats why you don't have to pay for coolant on this repair" and also since it was so long ago he couldn't do anything about it. I might have to call chevy care Canada ...
That is one shady dealership. I would definitely report them.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Coolant is part of the repair under warranty. You should not have to pay for it either time.
The coverage listed above specifically exempted coolant. That might mean that the coolant isn't covered, or it might mean that replacing it as part a covered repair isn't covered. Who knows. Maybe GM's idea of a repair is to re-use the old coolant.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
If removing the coolant is required to perform a warranty repair, then they must put coolant back into the car in order to return it to service. They can't charge you extra for doing the basic steps of a warranty repair. But, they are not required to put in new coolant.

And, the warranty book also says:
"Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) guidelines and GM support the capture, purification, and reuse of automotive air conditioning refrigerant gases and engine coolant. As a result, any repairs GM may make to your vehicle may involve the installation of purified reclaimed refrigerant and coolant."

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
I checked the service manual and a few parts sites. GM's official literature calls the turbo coolant return a hose, but the coolant feed is called a pipe.

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
Many Manufacturer Warranty and Service contracts don't always cover Fluids. I found that out when I cracked a head in 130 degree weather and Chrysler only charged for the replacement fluids. Look at the GMPP exclusions for example. If the exact part caused the fluid failure there should be no problem.

What is NOT COVERED(unless in connection with a covered part):

-Engine Tune-Up
-Suspension Alignments
-Wheel Balancing
-Filters
-Lubricants
-Engine Coolant
-Drive Belts
-Radiator Hoses
-Heater and Vacuum Hoses
-Windshield Wiper Blades
-A/C Recharging
-Fluids
-Spark/Glow Plugs and Wires
-Brake Pads and Linings
-Brake Shoes and Rotors
-Manual Clutch Disc
-Or any maintenance or service part required to be performed or replaced as recommended by the Vehicles manufacturers Maintenance Schedule.

Also, neither rust damage nor any of the following parts as defined by vehicles parts manual are covered:

-Sheet Metal
-Chassis Frame
-Cross Members
-Body Rails
-Body Panels or other parts
-Bumpers
-Glass
-Carpets
-Weather-Strips
-Lenses
-Sealed Beams
-Light Buls
-Tires
-Trims
-Convertile or Vinyl Tops
-Moldings
-Bright Metal
-Upholstery
-Paint
-Exhaust System
-Catalytic Converters
-Hinges
-Brake Drums
-Shock Absorbers
-Batteries

Also NOT COVERED:

-Correction of Air and Water Leaks
-Wind Noise
-Odors
-Squeaks
-Rattles

The GMPP Agreement is not responsible for a FAILURE or CLAIM:

-Caused by misuse, abuse, negligence, alterations or modifications made to your vehicle
-Caused by lack of maintenence required by owners manual maintenence schedule
-Caused by collision, fire, theft, freezing, vandalism, riot, explosion, lightning, earthquake, windstorm, hail, water, or animal.
-Caused by racing or other competition.
-Caused by a condition that was present prior to purchasing the agreement, or if the odometer has stopped or has been changed.
-Caused by pulling a trailer or another vehicle, unless your vehicle is equipped for this.
-Occuring outside the 50 States of this country
-Relating to aftermarket components not originally on the vehicle. Examples include but not limited to garage door openers, cell phones, theft deterrent systems, and air conditioning components.
-Relating to any communication, navigational, or entertainment devices that become unusable or unable to function as intended due to changes in content, technology, or wireless service.
-Caused by contaminated fuel systems or other contaminated fluids.

Finally, no benefits are available hereunder:

-If a material misrepresentation was made on the Contract Registration, or if you are no longer using your vehicle in accordance with the eligibility requirements stated on the Contract Registration.
-For economic loss, including loss of time, inconvenience, lodging and food(EXCEPT as provided under the Trip Interruption Coverage afforded by this agreement), storage or other incidental or consequential loss or damage that may result from a failure
-For diminution in Vehicle value

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
Many Manufacturer Warranty and Service contracts don't always cover Fluids. I found that out when I cracked a head in 130 degree weather and Chrysler only charged for the replacement fluids. Look at the GMPP exclusions for example. If the exact part caused the fluid failure there should be no problem.
Coolant doesn't fail and doesn't need to be covered by a warranty. But, if your water pump fails, the procedure to replace it requires the mechanic to drain the coolant. They must refill it as part of the repair process. The coolant isn't covered by the warranty, but refilling it is necessary as part of the repair process for the part that was covered. And any coolant lost was a result of the part that failed under warranty.

If your head cracked and oil got in the coolant, the coolant didn't fail, it got contaminated due to a part that failed under warranty.

Also, GMPP is not a warranty.

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
Also, GMPP is not a warranty.
No you will never find me calling GMPP a Warranty because as you said it isn't. Fluids and 'direct cause' is not a new term at least to me when it comes to engine repair & the manufacturer warranty. New Fluids in a way is restoring you to a better position then you were before the breakdown, go figure?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey guys anyone know if this part is covered under power train? Found a leak under the shitty heat wrap Part # 55567067. Part connects from a hose after water outlet to the turbo. Thanks!

I’m having this same issue. Just took it to the dealer yest and they did a test n came back and said the turbo coolant feed pipe is leaking and not covered. They said I would need the coolant return pipe, turbo coolant feed pipe, oil return pipe, exhaust manifold gasket and manifold nuts. My thing is last January I had the water outlet replaced under warranty then in October this past year my turbo went out . In February I noticed something was leaking under my car I took it in and told them that it’s leaking and I smell something sweet they said it’s a oil leak and the oil pan gasket was leaking then I got home it’s still leaking had take it back and it was the oil plug to . They said no coolant leak . Well I noticed when I jumped someone’s car the other day my overfill tank was almost empty filled it up n now it’s 2 weeks and it’s low again . Not leaking on the ground or anything and my temp gage fine . I think when they was either messing with the oil leak or when they replaced the turbo in it they messed w something . U gotta take those off in order put new turbo on . I’m fighting right now w Chevy . I don’t think I should have to pay for it .

·
Registered
16 Posts
I feel your pain. My 2012 Cruze is in the shop with same issue and dealer states not covered under Extended Powertrain Warranty. What gets me is it states "seals" being covered. It leaks because of a failed o-ring. The new part has dual o-rings.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts