Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently the owner of a 2011 Chevy Cruze RS with 71,000 miles and am now replacing the Turbo. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same issue or have had to do the same. Since August I've had to change the water pump and also had some other work done .

The check engine code read as Turbo Underboost.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Not a real common problem with the Cruze but there are a few on here that have had to replace it. I think its mostly caused by the oil line feeding the turbo, if you still have the original it does not have the heat shield on it, without that shield the oil cokes up in the tube restricting flow and eventually destroying the turbo. If you haven't already make sure you replace the oil tube with the new model that includes the heat shield.

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
Not just that but the 2011 had a really optimistic oil life monitor. It's been made more realistic with updates that you may or may not have had. GM's own oil is only a semi-synthetic. Given what the turbo does to oils, you're better off with a good full synthetic and not pushing the oil life monitor too far. Don't wait for it to get to zero.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts