Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new to the site, heavy diesel tech here so not much auto experience. my girlfriend and i bought this 2012 cruze 1.4turbo with 30k miles, never had a problem until last week, has 120k on it now. we run amsoil because her father sells it. she came home from work one day and it had a Cel for low boost and baro pressure out of range? so we took it in to the dealer. they called and said the waste gate shaft was wore. now i have played with a few turbos in my day and felt the waste gate when i got it home. it did have some play. they wanted 1400$ to replace the turbo. i found one from LKQ for 350$ with 60k miles. so i ordered it and when it got here it had little to no play in the waste gate shaft but there was a crack between the waste gate and exhaust outlet. wasnt really concerned with it. so i finally got to take the turbo off today and noticed the oil drain tube for the turbo was melted! who in the **** thought it was a good idea to make that plastic?! also the shaft was broke and the exhaust wheel was sitting on the cat... so i am sitting here on a satruday night unable order gaskets or a new line. has anybody else experienced this melting line? thanks in advance

1 - 1 of 1 Posts