Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,

Does anybody know If there is any step by step or video to remove and install a turbo on a 1.4l cruze.

·
Registered
206 Posts
It shouldn't be too bad. Just disconnect the intercooler charge tube, the exhaust has one bolt for the v band I think. Then, there are the oil/water lines ( I don't remember if these turbos are water cooled or oil cooled, so there may not be water lines) and then there are some bolts that hold on the heat shield, take those out, then, take out the bolts that hold the exhaust manifold/turbo manifold to the head and it should just slide out. Hopefully.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,777 Posts
I think some of the bolts are single-use (toque til yield) type. So you need new ones to get it right.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It shouldn't be too bad. Just disconnect the intercooler charge tube, the exhaust has one bolt for the v band I think. Then, there are the oil/water lines ( I don't remember if these turbos are water cooled or oil cooled, so there may not be water lines) and then there are some bolts that hold on the heat shield, take those out, then, take out the bolts that hold the exhaust manifold/turbo manifold to the head and it should just slide out. Hopefully.
I was hoping that too. Almost there I hope

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts