Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
25,448 Posts
For those of us who don't know the difference between the clutch pressures, can you explain in terms of someone getting in the car and driving it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Would love to know more about the clutch might make me jump and buy one

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For those of us who don't know the difference between the clutch pressures, can you explain in terms of someone getting in the car and driving it?

Thanks.
More force equals more holding power. Being we have hydraulic clutch kits, even with more pressure plate pressure, you will not feel much of any difference at the petal.

·
Administrator
25,448 Posts
Thanks - at your prices I'll consider your clutches when my factory clutch needs replacing. Hopefully not for a long time.

·
Registered
579 Posts
More force equals more holding power. Being we have hydraulic clutch kits, even with more pressure plate pressure, you will not feel much of any difference at the petal.
Lets say I get the stage 3 kit would I feel any difference at all or would I feel a little bit of firmness at the petal?

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lets say I get the stage 3 kit would I feel any difference at all or would I feel a little bit of firmness at the petal?
A little more petal pressure, nothing to call a "work out"

You WILL feel a much more engaged/disengaged clutch feel. Meaning your clutch is in or out. This is like all performance clutch kits.

·
Administrator
25,448 Posts
A little more petal pressure, nothing to call a "work out"

You WILL feel a much more engaged/disengaged clutch feel. Meaning your clutch is in or out. This is like all performance clutch kits.
More of an older style European sports car clutch then?

·
Administrator
25,448 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Would it be possible to mix and match, or buy pieces independently?

The stage 1 disc is the best street option, and full face Kevlar discs take a beating...that said pairing it with the stage 3 PP would make for a very strong, yet still smooth street clutch. I had a similar setup in my Talon (full face kevlar and strong PP) and it is perfect for street use as well as 5500rpm AWD launches. A similar pairing would work well for a high hp clutch that retains more street manners than a puck style. The full face also seems to last a lot longer...we've had good luck with them in 850+awhp setups for years of street/strip use.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am sure we can work something out when you are ready. However a higher pressure on a stage 1 disc, may reduce the life of the clutch some.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts