Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For starters I'm new to Cruze forums and new to the Cruze world just recently bought a 2012 Eco and my friend wants to give me his td04 turbo from his caliber srt and I'm wonder who might make an exhaust manifold for the car so I can use an aftermarket turbo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't know about using a turbo off another car, but BNR does make an upgraded turbo for our 1.4T.
I see that but 1500$ for that? Versus something free is a big difference, I know it's just our turbo with a bigger induction wheel and exhaust wheel but wouldn't we do better just with another turbo in general?

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
I see that but 1500$ for that? Versus something free is a big difference, I know it's just our turbo with a bigger induction wheel and exhaust wheel but wouldn't we do better just with another turbo in general?

If you want to put a turbo that's too big on the car, you go right ahead, but you're going to need to shell out big bucks to get a manifold made to fit it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you want to put a turbo that's too big on the car, you go right ahead, but you're going to need to shell out big bucks to get a manifold made to fit it.
Well a td04 isn't that big is my point. What I'm thinking is if someone on here knows someone that can if not I'll see if I can ask my brother to weld me something based off our turbo setup.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,876 Posts
I can't say I've seen any kind of cast manifold for sale to install a larger turbo. You might be looking at a fabricated one.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
For starters I'm new to Cruze forums and new to the Cruze world just recently bought a 2012 Eco and my friend wants to give me his td04 turbo from his caliber srt and I'm wonder who might make an exhaust manifold for the car so I can use an aftermarket turbo.

The best thing imo is the upgrade from Vermont tuning with Water/meth combo : Chevy Cruze 1.4T Performance Products | Vermont Tuning LLC

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
The turbo in the Cruze ECO is more than large enough for the car. My ECO MT fly over the 10 and 11,000 ft I-70, and even higher non-interstate passes in Colorado without missing a beat. Now if you want faster acceleration you might want to take a look at the various aftermarket performance tunes which can add overall HP and torque to the drive train.

Basically, what is the goal of putting in a larger turbo? If we knew that we might be able to get you to that goal using other means.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The turbo in the Cruze ECO is more than large enough for the car. My ECO MT fly over the 10 and 11,000 ft I-70, and even higher non-interstate passes in Colorado without missing a beat. Now if you want faster acceleration you might want to take a look at the various aftermarket performance tunes which can add overall HP and torque to the drive train.

Basically, what is the goal of putting in a larger turbo? If we knew that we might be able to get you to that goal using other means.
Because I know this turbo lacks the power to suck in more air in the higher rpms, I planned on using the td04 to give me those gains because I know that turbo can push well over 300hp seeing as I live in the srt world, but if I can go the cheaper route and use the turbo from Vermont tuning I will. The plan is go upgraded front mont, intake, 2.5-3 in exhaust all the way back, meth injection or e85, with a dyno tune from zzp since they're 2 hours away.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Are you looking for a certain quarter mile performance? If so, what is your goal. Been tempted to start tuning on mine.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,876 Posts
Because I know this turbo lacks the power to suck in more air in the higher rpms, I planned on using the td04 to give me those gains because I know that turbo can push well over 300hp seeing as I live in the srt world, but if I can go the cheaper route and use the turbo from Vermont tuning I will. The plan is go upgraded front mont, intake, 2.5-3 in exhaust all the way back, meth injection or e85, with a dyno tune from zzp since they're 2 hours away.
But remember, you're also talking a full liter of displacement more on the SRTs. There simply isn't as much exhaust volume coming out of a 1.4L, so you might see quite a bit more lag.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
But remember, you're also talking a full liter of displacement more on the SRTs. There simply isn't as much exhaust volume coming out of a 1.4L, so you might see quite a bit more lag.
Well yea there's that but maybe there's a way to get more exhaust out these little 1.4s and nice to see you're in Michigan

·
Premium Member
5,876 Posts
Well yea there's that but maybe there's a way to get more exhaust out these little 1.4s and nice to see you're in Michigan
Maybe a little bit through head flow, but I can't imagine much. Your only bet is boost - which means the turbo already needs to be spooled, haha.

I'm assuming you're in Michigan as well?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Maybe a little bit through head flow, but I can't imagine much. Your only bet is boost - which means the turbo already needs to be spooled, haha.

I'm assuming you're in Michigan as well?
Well who would do head work to help squeeze more power and yes sir in the Oakland county area

·
Premium Member
5,876 Posts
Can't say I've seen anyone doing headwork for the 1.4T, but I could be wrong. You'd want a higher lift cam and better springs/valves at that point, too. It won't be a huge increase, though, but may move the redline up a bit.

And cool, I'm up in Macomb county, but from Oakland county (Royal Oak).

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts

Where do you live? ZZP is about that far from me, too. I live in Oakland County, Farmington Hills. I work in New Hudson.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts