Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the original was a Garrett but it’s had issues with cracking around the waste gate I’m wondering is the a better quality made turbo? This is the one I just took off needing a replacement but not sure which is the best I know gm has one for 815 but stigan has one that they say is better for 500 so has anyone had any luck with the stigan or is it bull bologna

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,718 Posts
Does Dorman have a guarantee like 2 yr warranty like the other has a lifetime warranty a 5 yr and a free 2 yr replacement
"

Looks like a lifetime warranty. Good deal for a basic replacement turbo. Keep proof of purchase and pay shipping.
[h=1]Warranty & Support[/h] Warranty, Parts:Limited Lifetime Warranty Warranty, Labor:12 Months or 12,000 miles part exchange only. Labor and/or any shipping costs are not covered. Commercial, heavy duty, custom, or off road vehicle use voids the warranty. Original proof of purchase is required. AC components must be installed by professional ASE certified technicians following all required procedures for success. Catalytic converters cannot fail on there own and the original cause of failure must be repaired to prevent repeated converter failure."

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
I just checked with a couple of online dealers and they say that 55565353 is discontinued.
Is it superceded or can you no longer buy a turbo at the dealership?
Amazon has it for $658, but it seems like the better dealers were selling it for less than $500 a couple of years ago.

I wonder if these $375 Chinese turbos are worth anything?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I just checked with a couple of online dealers and they say that 55565353 is discontinued.

Is it superceded or can you no longer buy a turbo at the dealership?
I don't have a turbo, but out of curiosity, I poked around on the web. According to this web page , 55565353 has been replaced with GM p/n 25198550 . Further poking shows that p/n has been superseded with 25201063 .

But all three parts come up as "discontinued" when I check at both gmpartsdirect.com and gmpartsgiant.com .

Searching the big retailers, I get:

55565353 - NAPA has several crosses , $515 to $960.

25198550 - STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS TBC583, $681 @ Rockauto.
NAPA says this is an "exhaust manifold".

25201063 - NAPA crosses to NOE 77601681, $930.

I think the Dorman deal looks pretty good, too.

Doug

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
I see a Garrett or counterfeit Garrett on Amazon for $550, which is more than the Dorman, but might be worth it if it's really a Garrett GT1446. The name Honeywell is cast right into the housing in the picture.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I may just have gm order me one but with that still only 1 yr warranty for 815$ then other things I gotta get with it oil inlet hose and coolant hose ect then the copper bolts and baskets and seals ect

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That’s the same turbo I had on it from stock just wondering cause I hear that Garrett hasn’t been doing feel good with ford or Chevy as far as turbos I think ford is in the middle of a law suit I just don’t wanna pay for crap

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I was just looking at the Standard Motor Products Turbo on Rockauto today. If you go to standard Motor products webpage, and search the catalog for the Cruze turbo you'll see additional documents posted. One of those documents states in the first sentence that their turbo is a genuine Garrett turbo, which is the OE turbo for the cruze.

I ordered their turbo oil feed line, and I believe it is OE equivalent as well. They include a new turbo oil feed line and some gaskets in their price.

Watching this thread for discussion of prices, as I've noticed most GM turbo part numbers are discontinued as well.

Without calling dealers and negotiating.

Good Luck.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts