Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering doing a retrofit with some HIDs. I've read around that the fluctuating voltage of the headlights for the DRLs damages the HID system.

This relay harness I speak of I'm pretty sure was some home-made harness being sold on some website that essentially turned the turn signal bulb in to the DRLs by diverting power from the headlights to the turn signal during the daytime (when the full lighting system is off), and then switching the power back to the headlights during low light conditions (when the full lighting system is on). This would solve the fluctuating voltage damaging the HID system and would still retain the DRL functionality and further give the car a more unique look.

Anyone happen to have seen the same thing and know where I can find it? I've been searching for a while with no luck. Or at the very least, if anyone knows where I can find the male and female connectors to make a plug and play headlight harness, that would be great.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Or at the very least, if anyone knows where I can find the male and female connectors to make a plug and play headlight harness, that would be great.
Headlights are easy. If someone knows a source for the parking lights, I'd be very interested. Even if you don't want to use the parking lights as DRLs, you still need the signal to know the difference between DRL and "on".

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm interested in this as well. I'm interested in tying it into the fogs instead. Either way i have a feeling this is something that'd be tracked back to the bcm.
Someone directed me to this product which is the one I had mentioned I've seen before:
2011-2014 Cruze DRL Relocate Harness-Parking Lights

I tried to contact them with some questions and they never replied to me. For the price, I think I'd be better off making my own and instead, as you mentioned, using the fog lights instead of the turn signals/parking lights. In the description it says they have one available for the fog lights as well but I don't see it anywhere. For now I guess it's just a matter of finding the right connector ends to make the harness assembly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.