Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Turn signal stops working in cold weather

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  jblackburn 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone. I have a 2013 Cruze. A month ago, the rear right turn signal stopped working. I went to test it and it was working again, so I let it be. A few days ago it starts going intermittent again so I changed it. Bulb looked fine coming out. This morning it blinked a few times and then sped up on the dashboard and it was out again. The only thing I can think of is that it is cold out again today like when it first started. Has anyone ever seen this type of problem? After the bulb, what might be the next thing to check?

Thanks in advance!
Rich

#2 ·
Had similar problems with a taillight on another car. It would usually work again if you got out and smacked the taillight from outside the car. Basically it was the bulb socket itself not making a full ground/contact with the bulb.

While it's cold again, try fiddling with the bulb and see if it will work. I ran a ground wire from the bulb socket there to a screw inside the trunk and that solved my issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.