Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received the 'special' letter informing me of the gigantic rise in the OnStar subscription plan pricing. The $29.95 'Directions & Connections' plan is now called the "Guidance" plan and the new price is, get this $420 per year. While I first learned that here, this is an outrageous price for the services provided. I am currently under a Promo Plan for $19.95 which is going up to $34.95 a month or $349.50 a year including two 'free' months. Is G.M. out of their mind. Sure they have added a service where they will call you if your Car is stolen, a service the Police do for free. My Insurance company does not recognize OnStar as a qualified Theft Deterrent and will not offer discounts. I don't even spend $420 on Gas per year? I urge my fellow CRUZE owners to turn off the OnStar!

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Well it's not really a matter of turning it off, it's just a matter of not paying for the subscription. When my trial ran out I never purchased any sort of plans. My 2014 Cruze has some sort of freebie feature plan that still allows me to use the remote unlock and remote start from my mobile phone app. Those were the only features I ever used so it's a bonus for me.

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yes that was part of the 2014 CRUZE basic features. **UPDATE* Just signed up for an additional promo year of full OnStar @ $269.90 plus $10 tax in my State making it $279.35 now including 30 monthly calling minutes. I was paying $240 ($19.95 a month) so I can live with this small increase. Next I need to call XM!

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
Hey Eddy we new yu would end up at the bottom of the ON Starry night list yep IT passed ya by along with IT is Siriusxm Last night in Witchita Kn.

Please enter another $ 40.00 for the next ten minutes !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts