Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a simple question, has anyone else noticed that there are 2 different Dexos 2 oils available? When I bought my diesel a month ago my father changed the oil at his dealership since the car was a leftover model. He used Dexos 2 in a green container that was marked fully synthetic. I just went to the parts counter at my brothers dealership and bought a quart to have, it is a blue container that is marked synthetic blend. The part numbers are the same as far as I can tell. I am a bit confused as to the differences, I am guessing that they changed the container at some point, but I don't know why they are marked differently.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
The green one has some Arabic writing on it. I think maybe the green one came later. All my free changes back in 2013 were with the semi synthetic. Interesting it is the same p/n

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm aware one is fully synthetic and one is a blend. The question is are they still both available, or did the blend replace the fully synthetic. I would prefer fully synthetic but since they are the same part number I can't see how you can get one or the other.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts