Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you considering driving for Uber, here is a list of the things I take with me:

Snacks for myself.
Riders are typically only going to be in my vehicle for an average of 15 minutes. I usually pull an all nighter Fri/Sat and Sat/Sun. The action is usually non stop, so it's more cost effective to have something on hand you can consume quickly between clients.

Coffee
If you are pulling an all nighter, you're going to need a whole lot of coffee. Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to have a two hour nap beforehand as well. Nothing worse than sleeping off an entire day when you cold be spending time with loved ones.

Car vacuum
My floormats don't stay looking pretty for long when I'm giving people rides all night. It's a good practice to vacuum my Cruze before heading out for the night.

Extra charging cable
Making $400 on a typical weekend, $12 is a small price to pay for the convenience. It also increases your chance of getting tipped.

Powerade/Gatorade
It serves two purposes here. The first is to keep you hydrated. Second is for when its 3am, most of the businesses are closed and you want to avoid going outside like an animal. Not only is that gross, but it's also illegal.

Wing buckets
I keep a stack of unused wing buckets from Albertson's in my trunk and one in the back seat for emergencies. I like my interior. Haven't had a need for it yet. Hopefully it stays that way.

Future essentials
Neoprene seat covers
Bissell Spot Bot

I'll update this list as time goes on.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Nice list. I just started the process, background cleared duh lol.. just need the car inspection. What do they check, do they put your car on the smog sniffer? I have a catless down pipe. What area of Socal do you cover? 400 on a weekend seems good.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I try to stick to the beach areas. When they do an inspection, they want to make sure that all the basic safety features work and the vehicle starts up. Pretty quick process. Good luck and welcome to the Uber family.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts