Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was pulling into my parking spot at work this morning, and right before I turned off the car I heard a beep and looked at the DIC and it said "Service Stabilitrack". I only have 5,000 miles on this thing (13' ECO M/T)...

What's the deal? What does that even mean?

Thing has been driving fine, already did my oil change (synthetic) etc.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,306 Posts
Hey, Germantown! I'm up there often on weekends.

See if the message comes back again within the next week - if it does, call Onstar and ask them to read the code, write it down, and take it in. I'd hate for you to waste your time at a dealer with a one-time fluke.

It's probably something to do with a sensor for the ABS/Stability control system, though could be an electrical problem elsewhere.

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Mines says the same thing. Its in the dealer service department getting fixed. Ill let you know what I find out and that might help you. :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, so I go to lunch at work and get back in my car... I get the Stabilitrack, Airbag, Everything messages. Hit Onstar and they said that basically everything had failed. In the tow truck on my way to the dealership right now... FML

·
17,306 Posts
Wow, so I go to lunch at work and get back in my car... I get the Stabilitrack, Airbag, Everything messages. Hit Onstar and they said that basically everything had failed. In the tow truck on my way to the dealership right now... FML
Huh...I wonder if the voltage was too low for all the systems to work correctly. Or if it was just another electrical problem.

Low voltage/a dead alternator will cause some WEIRD things to happen.

Welp, that sucks. Sorry to see your "new" car into the shop so soon.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dunno, it was reading 12.5 I believe, and the radio and all that worked fine.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Walked to Ruby Tuesdays near the dealership to have a beer while they check it out lol. Not a great day.

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Got my cruze back from mg dealer and they said it was my radio drawing my battery down. So a new one is on its way.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got my cruze back from mg dealer and they said it was my radio drawing my battery down. So a new one is on its way.

That's pretty wild, I'll have to see what they say. I'm home now, got a loaner (Truck LOL). I could have sworn my voltage said 12.5v before I got in the tow truck. My radio and all that was working, although things like my horn beeping when I locked it didn't.

·
Banned
2,226 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just got a call from the dealership. They said that this morning the tech went out to the car and it started right up... They said they are going to keep trying and see if they can get it to fail to pinpoint what caused it. Should know more tomorrow.

I have a bad feeling this won't be the last time I have this issue, even when I get it back.

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Think positive :). Every car is going to have some kinks that we will encounter whether its minor or major. I've had only one minor and one major issue with mine. I kinda over reacted the first time....but who wouldn't lol. I realized there is more to life than getting upset of all bent out of shape. I can tell your a little annoyed by your repairs and I don't disagree. Things will get better with the cruze. I have extremely high confidence in this car and Chevrolet :).

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just got a call back from the dealership. They said that they contacted GM for advice on my issue. GM said that they had seen this once or twice and advised that it was a grounding issue with the battery cables and that they should be replaced. They are going to do that at around 1P today when the parts come in, run some tests, and said they will have my car back to me by 6P.

Hope this works...

(Edit: I must admit, they have been nice to me. The service manager (Tony) has been the one in contact with me the whole time and seems sincere about getting this done correctly.)

·
17,306 Posts
It should - these issues where every electrical system seems to suddenly go haywire are usually a grounding problem where not enough voltage is able to make its way through the cables.

I've had a car that was running just fine, then was shut off at a gas station, and wouldn't restart. The battery cable had vibrated its way loose over the drive and couldn't muster up enough juice from the battery to run the starter.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cool, well that gives me some relief. Thanks again, J! (et al). I do love this car. Hopefully this is just a little fluke hurdle :)

·
Premium Member
5,158 Posts
It should - these issues where every electrical system seems to suddenly go haywire are usually a grounding problem where not enough voltage is able to make its way through the cables.

I've had a car that was running just fine, then was shut off at a gas station, and wouldn't restart. The battery cable had vibrated its way loose over the drive and couldn't muster up enough juice from the battery to run the starter.
I've had that exact scenario happen on my old Buick LeSabre. Replacing the battery and battery bolts was necessary, since the old side-post battery posts were too stripped out to hold the old bolts in place. Whoever thought screwing a steel bolt into a threaded lead battery terminal was a good idea should be forced to fix it in the late afternoon on a South Carolina summer day while stuck dead on the side of the road.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts