Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Ultra Racing Tower Brace Installed: black or red?

10K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  Blasirl 
#1 ·
I just installed my tower brace today. 5 minute install. I don't like the white because it obviously doesn't fit the color scheme. I'm thinking black, but some cats are saying make it red. What do you think?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
First time I ever recall seeing a strut tower brace on any Cruze anywhere.

Reactions: Diamond193
#3 ·
I'd definitely go with black.

#14 ·
Hooray! The forum isn't dead! :)

So, the first thing I noticed pulling out of the driveway (because I am lowered) was that my car will left the opposing wheels that are closer to the ground (front-left, rear-right grounded, vice-versa). Which means it stiffened the car a LOT more in the front.The way back in, not so much, which makes sense.

I ended up plasti dipping it black. I like the textured look of it. I really like it, and for the price, it's hard to argue with. I plan on doing their full line of stiffening parts within the next few months. If you buy them all at once they give you a killer discount.

I recently ordered new injectors and a flex fuel kit, and just wired my wideband up to my A/C pressure sensor wire for some WOT fun (just gotta nail the HP Tuners Scanner settings).

But yeah. I like it. I took it through the east foothills of cali and up Mount Diablo, and it felt fantastic. Again, price being the main thing, I really like it.

#16 ·
I would say add the Whiteline rear sway bar as well. To me that actually added more to my driving pleasure that the UR bars did. I have a setup similar to Ronin's, bars, lowered, red even. I do agree about being thoughtful of lowering though. My under carriage is getting a beating as I pull no punches because of it. I had briefly considered bags, but figured I be making my ride even more flaky and because I live in snowy salty Wisconsin, not a smart idea.

As for the color, I am looking at adding Accel coils and if I did. I'd probably powdercoat the bar yellow to match. If you are not great at painting, MBI auto offers front fascias pre-painted for a cheap price. The color might be off a shade, but it looks much better than the alternative.

#18 ·
I am no expert but the bigger injectors probably require a tuning adjustment to take full advantage w/o compromising idle and drivability. I just recieve the Q-shifter short throw linkage for my 6spd. But, it is 4F this morning and my wifes car is in my garage, I hope to put it on before I install the new clutch over Thanksgiving week. So, do you like the ZZP hardware and support? I have a bunch of things on my wishlist but figured I better have a good clutch and the brake upgrade before I started adding more horsepower. I have the ZZP turbo on my list but it is last as I dont usually run near 6k rpm and I am not sure it will help that much in the lower revs. My next parts scheduled after the brake upgrade will be the ZZP Stage I kit and the mid-pipe, I already have the Magnaflow cat-back dual outlet exhaust and it was a drastic improvement. Have you had any issues running catless, that mid-pipe is about $100 cheaper than the spun metal cat version?

#20 ·
Just got the short throw shifter in about 30min ago. Amazing how much better it feels. Still easy to blow the 1-2 shift, but the accumulator bypass is next. Now if I can just get a clutch kit in a reasonable time, it is currently backordered due to the GM strike. Sigh....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.