Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Unbelievable....

3K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  PAChevyCruze 
#1 ·
Ok, I purchased the factory wiring harness and switch and an aftermarket fog light kit identical to the factory ones. These have the yellow lense, which I wanted instead of putting a film over the clear ones.

Installed it and since my cruze, of course, is one of the ones you have to have the BCM messed with to turn on the relay, I went to the dealer to have it done. He tells me he cant do it without a password to give GM. Seriously?? A password?? To turn on a bloody relay that should be have been on from the factory if it's on the vehicle already?? So now I just wasted all that money on something that looks good but doesnt work. Plus, I have to uninstall them to pass inspection, since they dont work without the password to give GM. Unbelievable.

Just warning others who may want to try this. Dont. :banghead:

#2 ·
Why not buy the OEM fogs; get them installed; then swap out the clear with yellow lenses.

#3 ·
Thought about that but thats just spending twice as much as I should have had to. If I would have known this before buying the separate pieces, I would have gone that route. Was never told or read about a password. :(

#6 ·
When was your car built, before March 25, 2013?

How is your dealer not able to find what I can in a matter of like... 3 minutes?

I'm blocked from the site but you want to google "sandy blogs tech link bcm cruze fogs" and it should get you there. if not just "sandy blogs techlink" and search Cruze fog in the search on that site. It won't help you personally at home 11:20 EST but it literally explains to whomever at dealership level how to do it if you choose to go back to them.

#7 ·
He tells me he cant do it without a password to give GM. Seriously?? A password??
And assuming a legitimate situation where he needs to do this, just where was he going to get this password? I call bogus with a capital B. Most likely, he just doesn't want to do it.

Reactions: obermd
#9 · (Edited)
Thanks guys. Im gonna call another dealer today and see what they say and check out that website. My car was built in march of 2013.

Edit: Just called another dealer and they said the same thing. They need the code/password that came with the lights, which I dont have. Back to square one.
:$#angry:

#18 ·
Some of the 11s and most of the 12s had this requirement. Later model years had it dropped.

#13 ·
I didnt think the 14's needed to have this done. Mine was made in the last month/year that it was needed, March 2013. Anyway, 3 dealers with the same answer, so I'll just get the kit down the road. Just a warning to other who dont buy the kit but use the factory wiring harness and switch. Dont do it. Buy the kit like GM wants you to.

Unless theres another shop that can do this outside a dealer.

As for the code, I think it can only be used once.

#14 ·
Sandy Blogs is the way, has been since 2013. I also wish to check off the "do not want" box for this interaction.
The Sandy Blog I found didn't say anything about a password. Now I'm reading that it comes with the kit. That starts to make a little more sense, even if it does sound underhanded.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.