Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
It's written by XtremeRevolution who is a mod on this forum.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
comes up as a virus for me
It's clean. Can you post a picture of the message you're getting and what AV software you're using. Also, XR is the volunteer Administrator here.

·
Administrator
15,761 Posts
I'll have to sweep through and check any links I posted in that article or on my site. The site is hosted by godaddy; I can assure you it is virus-free. AVG will search ahead of links in web pages so some of my links may link to pages that have viruses on other sites. Strangely enough, AVG doesn't report an issue when I browse it.

The virus link check built into AVG is more of a nuisance than a benefit.

Sent from mobile.

·
Administrator
15,761 Posts
VirusTotal.com found no viruses
https://www.virustotal.com/en/url/f...3d11cce972e67f89a05d9db5bfdc71cb395/analysis/

AVG found one "potential virus."
http://www.avgthreatlabs.com/websit...tion.net/domain-search-widget/www.avg.com.au/

"Blackhat SEO." SEO = search engine optimization. I have a plugin installed for SEO and it seems AVG is flagging it as a potential threat. I updated the plugin since it seems there was a plugin update available to install. Maybe that will fix it.

Sent from mobile.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Very detailed but can't say I agree with all of it.

This one in particular...

"However, if you’re looking for a road-hugging compact car that handles like its on rails, the LTZ will redefine what a “compact” 4 door sedan can do and will set a bar that nothing else in its class can reach."

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Something was going on on Sunday. GM Authority was being blocked by FireFox & Google for dispensing malware from ad servers. It seems to have been fixed today.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Something was going on on Sunday. GM Authority was being blocked by FireFox & Google for dispensing malware from ad servers. It seems to have been fixed today.
I was wondering about this since this appears to be a real hit or miss malware alert.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
I think the root cause is what the ad servers are feeding the web sites (CruzeTalk, etc.). It seems that Google is looking for malware while it does it's usual web crawling and is logging those hits. Mozilla subscribes to Google's malware tracking and that's where the alert got generated. My copy of AdBlockPlus never got to see the GM Authority web site as FF threw up the block based on Google's blacklist. I did send an e-mail to GM Authority with Google's detailed explanation of the malware and what sites served them up early Sunnday. By Monday afternoon, the blacklist was gone.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
I was searching the net for something or other and came across this. Well worth the read if you're on the fence about buying a Cruze, if you don't have one already. The crash with the semi sold me on it.

Behind the Wheel of the Chevy Cruze - The Xtreme Revolution
Our reasons for purchasing a Cruze, besides our GM card earnings, is the luxury, comfort, quietness, and fuel economy of this vehicle.

If I wanted to crash into a semi, think I would have purchased an Abrams tank instead.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I feel much safer in my 2014 Cruze than I would have felt if I had bought one of the other cars I was considering: Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla, Mazda 3, and Kia Forte. I am currently averaging 33.6 mpg according to the DIC (about 1.xx mpg less if calculated manually).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.