Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new to the forum and to Cruze maintenance. Certain subforums seem redundant, so I'm not sure where to post questions.

"Gen1 Service Issues" seems like the place for all maintenance questions. But then there's "Gen1 Powertrain" and "Gen1 Wheels, Tires, Brakes & Suspension". Do I post my questions about a coolant leak in "Service Issues" or "Powertrain"? Is "Service Issues" just a catch all?

Thanks for helping me learn how things work around here.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
12,403 Posts
Hello, I'm new to the forum and to Cruze maintenance. Certain subforums seem redundant, so I'm not sure where to post questions.

"Gen1 Service Issues" seems like the place for all maintenance questions. But then there's "Gen1 Powertrain" and "Gen1 Wheels, Tires, Brakes & Suspension". Do I post my questions about a coolant leak in "Service Issues" or "Powertrain"? Is "Service Issues" just a catch all?

Thanks for helping me learn how things work around here.
I did not create anything in the forum structure, but the way I see it, the Gen1 Service Issues sub group was originally intended for tech related stuff. As the sub title says, Chevrolet Cruze technical bulletins, recalls, service updates, and service related issues. So things that are printed in Technical Service Bulletins (TSB), TechLink and other such stuff was meant to go there (more of an answer to your question forum than a question forum). It seems to have morphed into the catchall though as there really is no other place for items that do not specifically fit in the other sub forums. I actually think there should be a sub forum to the Gen I Service Issues just for Tech stuff to help facilitate research , but that is not up to me. I hope this clarifies it to a murky depth anyways.

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
The easy way to tell which one is to look at he stuck threads and use their topics as a guide. In the case of coolant issues put those in "service issues".

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
12,403 Posts
The easy way to tell which one is to look at he stuck threads and use their topics as a guide. In the case of coolant issues put those in "service issues".
I see you're a man of few words :respect:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's a good rule of thumb to follow. Thanks, I'll work with that.

Reactions: obermd
1 - 5 of 5 Posts