Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Cruze LT 1.8
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right folks, having read nearly every thread marked “clunking” and checked mine over, even the garage cannot find the source.
Convinced it’s from the front right, but so far I have replaced drop links on both sides, new tie rod ends, there is No Play in any of the ball joints or sway bar......
im at a total loss, even under braking you can still here a metallic knocking over small bumps in the road.
totally driving me crazy now, any other ideas folks?

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
2,806 Posts
Strut mount, jack it up and grab the spring and shake it. Make sure car is secured well on the jack or jack stands of course. That was my clunking over bumps, also took me forever to find.

·
Registered
2010 Cruze LT 1.8
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Strut mount, jack it up and grab the spring and shake it. Make sure car is secured well on the jack or jack stands of course. That was my clunking over bumps, also took me forever to find.
Legend, will do mate, I assume Jack it up on the chassis so the load is off the stut.
you meant the Top stut mount ?

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
2,806 Posts
Legend, will do mate, I assume Jack it up on the chassis so the load is off the stut.
you meant the Top stut mount ?
Yep! I grabbed the spring with a glove on and pulled and pushed real hard, tried to jar it, and sure enough heard clunks every time.

Reactions: Blasirl and KirkM71

·
Registered
2016 Chevy Cruze Preimer
1 Posts
Right folks, having read nearly every thread marked “clunking” and checked mine over, even the garage cannot find the source.
Convinced it’s from the front right, but so far I have replaced drop links on both sides, new tie rod ends, there is No Play in any of the ball joints or sway bar......
im at a total loss, even under braking you can still here a metallic knocking over small bumps in the road.
totally driving me crazy now, any other ideas folks?

Im having the same issue

·
Registered
21 Posts
On your sway bar try to torque the bolts on the links specifically the upper side. See if one is just loose enough to slip occasionally. I had a charger do that to me one time.

·
Registered
2010 Cruze LT 1.8
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Strut mounts ordered and being fitted tomorrow.......will update and let you know if that cures it.
To be fair its the only thing left to change.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts