Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm trying to find out more about this icon highlighted in green below. I couldn't find anything about it in the owner's manual. To be clear, it's not the fog light icon (which is nearby). I've combed the manual, and am stumped. The icon does seem to come on and go off as the exterior lights settings change. But it's not clear yet exactly why it comes on and goes out. Any info you can provide is appreciated. Thanks. Doug .
(BTW, the rendering of the icon is approximate - I drew it from memory.)

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Daytime running lights, bro. Or headlights at night. In the 2013, and 2014, this light doesn't illuminate until the actual headlights come on. In all previous years, it came on whenever the headlights or the DRLs came on.

To turn them off, rotate the headlight knob to the left one time "automatic light control "off" displays on the DIC (driver information center) simultaneously extinguishing the headlights themselves. And another rotation in the same direction, turns them back on. Which illuminates the headlights. Pulling up the E-Brake will also turn off the DRLs. And releasing it, will turn them back on.

·
Administrator
25,097 Posts
Thanks for your detailed answer. The behavior makes sense now. I read thru the section in the owner's manual on the DRL's. Everything is clear (except why the icon is not mentioned anywhere).

Doug

It got edited out of the manual in favor of yet another "don't stand on the top rung of the ladder" warning. :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts