Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting tired of finding my trunk open when I come back to my cruze, it's happened numerous times and definitely is the trunk button on the remote being bumped when key is in my pocket
I've seen where they will add a double shot relay requiring 2 CAREFULL timed button pushes or they reprogram the module to require a certain hold time on the button--both fixes seem like they MIGHT work but I'm wondering why they don't have a fix with just adding a new remote front case that recesses this problem button--or do they have that fix that I don't know about ????
I'm considering just opening the key case and see if I can either put a lower profile tact switch in there or cut the button down on the existing one, I'm not wanting the 2 fixes I mention because I do not want to learn how to push my trunk button in a perfectly timed sequence just to open it and a 2 second push of the button is not going to fix the problem either, the button is obviously too sensitive and close to the surface of the remote IMO

·
Registered
192 Posts
If I remember correctly some members had this exact same problem and found it was a stuck/broken button on the fob.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I'm getting tired of it, just yesterday happened again--funny thing is another cruze had parked right next to me and I see my trunk open, at first I thought maybe it was something to do with the other car, then I realize I put my key in my pants pocket and not my shirt pocket, this IS getting ridiculous, one time I was going down the road and notice my trunk lid flapping in the wind, I don't think the button is sticking, I think it just sticks up to far and only takes a quick bump of the button which seems to be usually happening as I walk away from the car and don't see that the trunk has opened, the range on the remote makes it tough to see happen also--more than a annoyance for sure !

·
Administrator
25,121 Posts
The double click option has been replaced with the extended press. The extended press isn't that big a deal - two seconds vs. half a second. Most people hold the buttons down longer than that anyway. The double press apparently was problematic because of the timing of the presses.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The double click option has been replaced with the extended press. The extended press isn't that big a deal - two seconds vs. half a second. Most people hold the buttons down longer than that anyway. The double press apparently was problematic because of the timing of the presses.
Yeah I get that, but if the key is in my pocket a 2 second press most likely could happen also, if they just had a new front to the key case that recessed this problem button the problem would go away IMO, of coarse the economics of paying the dealers for labor to change out the face would preclude that fix--so I think I'll try shorting the switch actuator or changing the tact switch if it's not the bubble type, being a electronics guy I have every type of those switches--I'll post a pic if it's easy to do

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Yeah I'm getting tired of it, just yesterday happened again--funny thing is another cruze had parked right next to me and I see my trunk open, at first I thought maybe it was something to do with the other car, then I realize I put my key in my pants pocket and not my shirt pocket, this IS getting ridiculous, one time I was going down the road and notice my trunk lid flapping in the wind, I don't think the button is sticking, I think it just sticks up to far and only takes a quick bump of the button which seems to be usually happening as I walk away from the car and don't see that the trunk has opened, the range on the remote makes it tough to see happen also--more than a annoyance for sure !
Hey KENSTV123,

We can certainly understand how frustrating this may seem for you, and we would be more than happy to provide any additional assistance. Feel free to send me a private message is help is needed!

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow thanks for the reply Patsy, I see Chevrolet really does care--OUTSTANDING !!!
I'll PM you if needed

·
Administrator
25,121 Posts
Our Chevy Social Media account is staffed by GM employees who really take the time to try to get member's issues resolved. They're not technical folks but they do seem to know how to bring the best out of even the worst dealership service departments.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah-talk about GOOD service--even on a Sunday !!! think I'm going to see if they will program the longer button push and change out the remotes to the newer ones with the ridges by the button

1 - 9 of 9 Posts