So I went to the local tuning shop that has a great reputation of fabricating and tuning 500-4000hp cars to get some dyno results after BNR tuning. YIKES! It was a pretty bad experience. First off, a "Service Stabili-Trac" alarm popped up before we got the Cruze up to rpms. We restarted the car and made two 4th gear pulls. The first pull, the car threw a P0300 code and had horrible results. After clearing the code, resetting the tune and putting several driving miles on the tune we strapped it back down and again, horrible numbers and a slight hesitation at 5600-5700rpms.
I checked the plugs, which have only 4000 miles on them, 4000 miles on the entire car in fact... The plugs looked great. No signs of lean or rich conditions and all 4 measured at 0.028". All the coil plug springs were good. Adequate amount of dielectric grease. So, I went ahead and checked the downpipe, as well as charge pipes and fittings. All looked good. So, I did a global reset and went for a 40 mile drive. Afterwards, I made few WOT pulls and sure enough, the hesitation is still there. The car pulls very smoothly and shifts great too...but if I try to take it above 5500rpms; a slight blip in power will always occur.
I've never noticed this before, because the few WOT pulls I've made, I would shift at 5200-5300rpms. BNR has such a great reputation of creating great tunes for this platform that I'm conflicted as to what the root cause may be. But 145whp/180wtq is way too low for BNR tune with a catless downpipe, at low altitude, with ambient temps in the low 70s. Plus, this dyno is not known for yielding inflated numbers, nor false numbers.
Hope someone can chime in with a possible direction to go that I have not already taken. I've emailed BNR datalogs with a log that had the hesitation, my situation, and low numbers, but until then I'm just going to continue to baby it around as usual.