Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am experiencing a coolant leak and it seems to be coming out of the tube shown in red. I do not know the name of this tube so I can find it to replace it. Does anyone know which tube this is? And Can I just replace this tube (Red)? Because it looks like the coolant is dripping from the metal part of the tube (blue)....

Attachments

·
Registered
492 Posts
I am experiencing a coolant leak and it seems to be coming out of the tube shown in red. I do not know the name of this tube so I can find it to replace it. Does anyone know which tube this is? And Can I just replace this tube (Red)? Because it looks like the coolant is dripping from the metal part of the tube (blue)....
Before you replace it, you might try adjusting the clamp. It appears to have been re-positioned downward. Looks like it was previously higher up. There are smooth, shiny spots where the clamp had been.

With the clamp where it is now, maybe the hose is not sealing well resulting in seepage out the top. Or did you move it?

As for the spot circled in blue, if it's not dripping there, I wouldn't worry about. That it has some thick, greasy gunk on it is not a big deal, as long as it's not dripping coolant.

As for the part, I think this is it: 55567067

Doug

coolant_leak.jpg

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Before you replace it, you might try adjusting the clamp. It appears to have been re-positioned downward. Looks like it was previously higher up. There are smooth, shiny spots where the clamp had been.

With the clamp where it is now, maybe the hose is not sealing well resulting in seepage out the top. Or did you move it?

As for the spot circled in blue, if it's not dripping there, I wouldn't worry about. That it has some thick, greasy gunk on it is not a big deal, as long as it's not dripping coolant.

As for the part, I think this is it: 55567067

Doug

View attachment 284009

Thanks for the reply, I actually moved that clamp downward in attempt to remove the hose but I wanted to make sure prior to removing it if it was a simple remove or if I had to replace the entire part. But I cleaned it up and went on a test drive and when I got home I noticed that it was dripping coolant from that metal piece in the blue circle. So unfortunately, I’m going to have to replace that piece. Thank you so much for providing me with the part number! I am assuming that I’d have to dissamble the turbo to get to that piece, correct?

·
Registered
492 Posts
I am assuming that I’d have to dissamble the turbo to get to that piece, correct?
Somebody else will have to answer that - I have the 1.8 in mine. But I'm glad I could help with the p/n.

BTW, when you do finally remove the hose, inspect the metal pipe closely. On the 3.4L LA1 motors, there's a heater pipe that gets lot of crud built up on it that can make it hard to get a good seal. So I used some 400 grit sand paper on it to smooth it out before connecting the hose.

Doug

·
Registered
48 Posts
You may want to order the connector that the pipe pushes into. Only around $5. Otherwise need a tool to release it like a fuel line

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Somebody else will have to answer that - I have the 1.8 in mine. But I'm glad I could help with the p/n.

BTW, when you do finally remove the hose, inspect the metal pipe closely. On the 3.4L LA1 motors, there's a heater pipe that gets lot of crud built up on it that can make it hard to get a good seal. So I used some 400 grit sand paper on it to smooth it out before connecting the hose.

Doug

Great, thank you so much! I will definitely do this!

·
Registered
77 Posts
The pipe and hose are sold as a single assembly.
The pipe connects to the back of the turbo bearing housing.
Its the coolant supply line to the turbo bearing.
The catalytic converter will have to be removed as well, in order to gain access to the back of the turbo.
There is another option.
You can cut off the factory hose crimp, and just replace the hose section only with 5/16" fuel or transmission oil cooler hose.
If you go this route, just make sure you dont cut into the tube itself when cutting off the factory crimp.
Use some RTV sealant around the tube fittings to help ensure a leak free job...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts