Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello guys
Thanks for creating this awesome forum and meeting wonderful people here. I am looking to get a 2018 Chevrolet Cruze LT or anything similar but I'm really interested in this one, unfortunately this car has salvage title and I am looking to the community to check if there is anything else I should be looking out for while doing my inspection day, and I will purchase the car report to see damage and other details.

Some things that I will be looking out for during my inspection today:

noises in the engine
check transmission for slips jolts etc
verify all electrics / features / lights,
coolant or oil leaks
They are asking for the price of $9,999 and it has 40000 miles with a Salvage Title.

After everyone's insightful comments I decided to do my due diligence before spending so much money especially after concerns raised here. I requested the VIN number from the owner and started by searching on Detailed Vehicle History Report For any Vehicle - 100% Accurate any historical records that could shine light into its past. To my surprise, I saw photos after entering the VIN number so my curiosity piqued and I took a bite. I couldn’t have been happier overall and will take car buying a lot more cautiously after this close experience.
I would rather get a clean title, knowing that when I resell it, it would go faster and doesn't loose the value much.

Report Link: Get Instant Vehicle History Report
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Automotive parking light Wheel Car Tire Vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Car Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle Window

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,939 Posts
That is a suspicious price to me. My neighbor paid $15.5 for his 2019 LT with similar miles.

FYI that looks to be the 1.6 diesel as well.The engine is generally very reliable; there are occasional issues with emissions sensors and there were some initial teething issues with the 9AT. It is a way smoother transmission than the 6AT in the gassers.

Bring a scan tool with you and check for any pending codes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seems cheap even with a salvage title. I always ask why people are selling something. Can help you understand if they’re selling a problem or not. I’d also pay a mechanic to do a pre purchase inspection.
Sorry for my late reply,Thanks for your suggestion, after looking at the car report I still can't decide if the damage is really serious or not (Maybe its just the body which is damaged) I will post a car report, please look at it and let me know what you think. thanks again

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is a suspicious price to me. My neighbor paid $15.5 for his 2019 LT with similar miles.

FYI that looks to be the 1.6 diesel as well.The engine is generally very reliable; there are occasional issues with emissions sensors and there were some initial teething issues with the 9AT. It is a way smoother transmission than the 6AT in the gassers.

Bring a scan tool with you and check for any pending codes.
Yes sure, I will do that, let me get the car report for this vehicle and decide if it's worth going to have a look or not. I really want to get clean title as I would probably sell in the next few months.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello guys
Thanks for creating this awesome forum and meeting wonderful people here. I am looking to get a 2018 Chevrolet Cruze LT or anything similar but I'm really interested in this one, unfortunately this car has salvage title and I am looking to the community to check if there is anything else I should be looking out for while doing my inspection day, and I will purchase the car report to see damage and other details.

Some things that I will be looking out for during my inspection today:

noises in the engine
check transmission for slips jolts etc
verify all electrics / features / lights,
coolant or oil leaks
They are asking for the price of $9,999 and it has 40000 miles with a Salvage Title.

If you guys have any suggestions on what to look at.
thanks
View attachment 299016 View attachment 299017 View attachment 299018
I wouldn't buy one I have a 2013 chevy cruze ltz nothing but trouble since I've bought it stable track issues transmission issues oil leaks....and so on..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
After everyone's insightful comments I decided to do my due diligence before spending so much money especially after concerns raised here. I requested the VIN number from the owner and started by searching on Detailed Vehicle History Report For any Vehicle - 100% Accurate any historical records that could shine light into its past. To my surprise, I saw photos after entering the VIN number so my curiosity piqued and I took a bite. I couldn’t have been happier overall and will take car buying a lot more cautiously after this close experience.
I would rather get a clean title, knowing that when I resell it, it would go faster and doesn't loose the value much.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Report Link: Get Instant Vehicle History Report

TLDR: RAN A REPORT and thanks to members and due diligence I saved A LOT OF MONEY! Love you guys!

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
13,840 Posts

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
13,840 Posts
After everyone's insightful comments I decided to do my due diligence before spending so much money especially after concerns raised here. I requested the VIN number from the owner and started by searching on Decode any VIN Number or license plate accurately in seconds for any historical records that could shine light into its past. To my surprise, I saw photos after entering the VIN number so my curiosity piqued and I took a bite. I couldn’t have been happier overall and will take car buying a lot more cautiously after this close experience.
View attachment 299186

Report Link: https://app.detailedvehiclehistory.com/report/vin/1G1BH5SE5J7186966

TLDR: RAN A REPORT and thanks to members and due diligence I saved A LOT OF MONEY! Love you guys!
Looks like they hit a guardrail or something. Basically both doors were replaced, a tail and headlight were replaced, a fender was replaced and the rear quarter was repaired. If all the plastic and moldings are intact, the doors open and close well, the electronics are not giving any issue, it wasn't in a flood, I think it might be a good deal. Look for any "frame" damage or wierd buckling underneath and maybe pull a seat and look at the floor as well. A bit of work, but it may be worth it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts