Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is just an update, and kind of an informative post to people who haven't had to go through the anguish and turmoil of wrecking their cruze!

Had the car for about a month now after the repairs, long story short, wrecked it under rainy and inexperienced conditions and hit a fire hydrant!

Car made a great recovery, except a little bit dirtier because of all this crazy weather here in Colorado, and it drives the same!
20150322_123346.jpg 20150322_123504.jpg 20150524_200239.jpg 20150524_200229.jpg

·
Registered
574 Posts
looks like new again. Hey now since she has a new coat of paint you should clear bra the front. It would help on the rock chips

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's not a bad idea! I'll put it on my list of to do things for sure!

·
Administrator
25,035 Posts
Definitely get the clear bra. I have it on my ECO and can see where the bra itself has been hit. We have some extremely gravelly paved roads here.

·
Registered
574 Posts
i hate that i didnt clear bra
I clear bra the bottom half of my car. What I did was get a deluxe kit & then did the bottom 1 foot of the door all the way around the whole car. The product alone cost me $600 & I did it myself. Make sure it is 3m film too. I got mine on eBay & asked if they have the deluxe kit. This did the roof stripe, sills, ground effects, top rear bumper. I custom cut the rest. I also got paint to match door molding IMO the best thing I bought for this car.
PS I also monstaliner the whole bottom of my car to help keep the rust down. This cost less than $200 color Smurfadelic blue & 2 days of taping & almost 3 rolls of tape too.

·
Registered
109 Posts
This is just an update, and kind of an informative post to people who haven't had to go through the anguish and turmoil of wrecking their cruze!

Had the car for about a month now after the repairs, long story short, wrecked it under rainy and inexperienced conditions and hit a fire hydrant!

Car made a great recovery, except a little bit dirtier because of all this crazy weather here in Colorado, and it drives the same!
View attachment 148378 View attachment 148386 View attachment 148394 View attachment 148402
I see your @ Ft. Carson I probably saw you before, I'm down the way @ Schriever.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I see your @ Ft. Carson I probably saw you before, I'm down the way @ Schriever.
Maybe, Cosprings is a small place! I'll have to keep an eye out! You go to any local car meetups?

Also yeah, too bad the hydrant was a movie prop one, now that would make for a cooler story!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry for the late reply, went out to the field for about 3 weeks.

totalcostofrepairs.png

****** up a lot of things! I think the total parts list was over 100 items.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts