Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Üdv mindenkinek.
Az egyetlen Chevy Cruze kocsi a 2013.11.05. sajnos egy-mylink átadta magát. Roger egyetlen Chevy trax 2014. mylinket. De nem valódi. Vin egy kod nem már ... de ha tudom jól Vin az összes funkciót a szájra rendeltem ... Szeretném, ha a vin újraírná a sajátomra számát ... ebben a valaki képes lenne Segítség?

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
7,998 Posts
Üdv mindenkinek.
Az egyetlen Chevy Cruze kocsi a 2013.11.05. sajnos egy-mylink átadta magát. Roger egyetlen Chevy trax 2014. mylinket. De nem valódi. Vin egy kod nem már ... de ha tudom jól Vin az összes funkciót a szájra rendeltem ... Szeretném, ha a vin újraírná a sajátomra számát ... ebben a valaki képes lenne Segítség?
Hi everybody.
The only Chevy Cruze car on the 2013.11.05. Unfortunately, one-mylink handed over. Roger's one Chevy trax 2014. mylinket. But it's not real. Vin does not have a code yet ... but if I know Vin all the functions I've assigned to the word ... I would like the vin to rewrite my number ... this one would be able to help?

The translation is lacking details - any guesses anyone?

Continued here: https://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/137-gen1-audio-electrical-tutorials/224625-how-disassemble-radio-program-vin-2.html#post3189209

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Hi everybody I'm new and have a 2012 chevy cruze eco with the 4" screen I believe. I went to a junkyard the other day and found a 2013 eco the same color as mine with the mylink set up! I took off the trunk, which was is in great condition because it has the backup camera, also got the stereo, screen etc. I'm not completely sure how to install everything yet but gonna figure it out. Hopefully I grabbed everything from the car that I needed?

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
Can anyone help.
I read somewhere on here where somebody made the mic work without the onstar box. Can anyone shed a bit more light onto that for me. I'm from the UK with an astra which uses all the same setup as yours.
Just wish I could find it again. They used some resistors and other bits.
Thanks in advance
Johm

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Okay so my girlfriend has a 2012 Cruze with the basic system (I believe it doesn't have the mylink because it has no touch screen). I know just about nothing about these cars but I want to put in the mylink navigation system for her as a Christmas gift. I plan on replacing the factory speakers and amping it as well.

Here's what I'm wondering:
1. Can a 2012 without any kind of mylink infotainment system be upgraded to the mylink with navigation?

2. If so, I'd imagine that I wouldn't be able to wire it via chopping the factory harness as I'd imagine that the mylink navigation system has a lot more connectors that wont be in her harness.

3. If this is doable would I need to buy the harness, other two factory cables mentioned, and the chip tester and just download the software and do it?

I saw that a navigation version of the mylink doesn't require lifting pin 7 so that means I can dismantle the unit, connect the tester to the chip, and reflash it to the correct vin and it'll work right?

Thanks guys hope to hear back as soon as you guys can and t.i.a

Axel

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
7,998 Posts
Okay so my girlfriend has a 2012 Cruze with the basic system (I believe it doesn't have the mylink because it has no touch screen). I know just about nothing about these cars but I want to put in the mylink navigation system for her as a Christmas gift. I plan on replacing the factory speakers and amping it as well.

Here's what I'm wondering:
1. Can a 2012 without any kind of mylink infotainment system be upgraded to the mylink with navigation?

2. If so, I'd imagine that I wouldn't be able to wire it via chopping the factory harness as I'd imagine that the mylink navigation system has a lot more connectors that wont be in her harness.

3. If this is doable would I need to buy the harness, other two factory cables mentioned, and the chip tester and just download the software and do it?

I saw that a navigation version of the mylink doesn't require lifting pin 7 so that means I can dismantle the unit, connect the tester to the chip, and reflash it to the correct vin and it'll work right?

Thanks guys hope to hear back as soon as you guys can and t.i.a

Axel
Welcome Aboard!:welcome:

[h=1]How To Disassemble Radio To Program VIN[/h]
[h=1]How I did the MyLink Wire Harness[/h]
[h=1]The SQ Car Audio Thread V2[/h]
Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #70 (Edited)
These are the primary part numbers for MyLink radios that are compatible with 1st Generation Cruzes. In general, I believe that any non-carplay Mylink radio with these part numbers or later (higher) will work, but the ones that are marked with * are the recommended ones as having the least hardware design issues.

VIN P (4th digit, Limited), receiver, MyLink (opt UP9), AM-FM-XM-single CD-MP3 (opt UFU), ID 23378511
VIN P (4th digit, Limited), receiver, MyLink (opt UP9), AM-FM-XM-single CD-MP3 (opt UFU), ID 23476256
VIN P (4th digit, Limited), receiver, MyLink (opt UP9), AM-FM-XM-single CD-MP3 (opt UFU), ID 84026635*
VIN P (4th digit, Limited), receiver, MyLink (opt UP9), AM-FM-XM-single CD-MP3 (opt UFU), ID 84062126*
VIN P (4th digit, Limited), receiver, MyLink (opt UP9), AM-FM-XM-single CD-USB-MP3-navigation (opt UHQ), ID 23477341
VIN P (4th digit, Limited), receiver, MyLink (opt UP9), AM-FM-XM-single CD-USB-MP3-navigation (opt UHQ), ID 23497398
VIN P (4th digit, Limited), receiver, MyLink (opt UP9), AM-FM-XM-single CD-USB-MP3-navigation (opt UHQ), ID 84027468*
VIN P (4th digit, Limited), receiver, MyLink (opt UP9), AM-FM-XM-single CD-USB-MP3-navigation (opt UHQ), ID 84062099*

As a side note, hard to believe that we started really digging into this project almost 2 and a half years ago.

·
Registered
8 Posts
These are the primary part numbers for MyLink radios that are compatible with 1st Generation Cruzes. In general, I believe that any non-carplay Mylink radio with these part numbers or later (higher) will work, but the ones that are marked with * are the recommended ones as having the least hardware design issues.

VIN P (4th digit, Limited), receiver, MyLink (opt UP9), AM-FM-XM-single CD-MP3 (opt UFU), ID 23378511
VIN P (4th digit, Limited), receiver, MyLink (opt UP9), AM-FM-XM-single CD-MP3 (opt UFU), ID 23476256
VIN P (4th digit, Limited), receiver, MyLink (opt UP9), AM-FM-XM-single CD-MP3 (opt UFU), ID 84026635*
VIN P (4th digit, Limited), receiver, MyLink (opt UP9), AM-FM-XM-single CD-MP3 (opt UFU), ID 84062126*
VIN P (4th digit, Limited), receiver, MyLink (opt UP9), AM-FM-XM-single CD-USB-MP3-navigation (opt UHQ), ID 23477341
VIN P (4th digit, Limited), receiver, MyLink (opt UP9), AM-FM-XM-single CD-USB-MP3-navigation (opt UHQ), ID 23497398
VIN P (4th digit, Limited), receiver, MyLink (opt UP9), AM-FM-XM-single CD-USB-MP3-navigation (opt UHQ), ID 84027468*
VIN P (4th digit, Limited), receiver, MyLink (opt UP9), AM-FM-XM-single CD-USB-MP3-navigation (opt UHQ), ID 84062099*

As a side note, hard to believe that we started really digging into this project almost 2 and a half years ago.

Hi

Can anyone help me with the calibration software numbers I need to enable to turn on USB and Bluetooth on my CD400, I have updated the ecu modules to the last ones for my vehicle but I am going to fit BT and USB

Hope someone can help

Thanks

I am using the instructions here to change the VIN also on a 2nd user radio that has BT enabled but I want to enable the USB I am familair with global TIS and have access the the relevent ECU but just dont know the cal file numbers

Thanks Again, sorry for bringing this old thread back but I'm running out of ideas

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok all I'm not a person that is in to this programing kick. but I figured it out I'm using both items
CH341A EEPROM reader/writer along with SOIC8 EEPROM test clip
I watched the youtube video got the right software in stalled with the drivers but could not read the chip untill I did some net searches
the chip I had to select in the software is
24EEprom
ISSI
IS24c128
then I was able to find all the information yay.
going to read the old unit out of my cruze 2012 eco and the new one from a 2014 rs I'm going to see what is different
wish me luck
Do you have any pictures of the proper set up in the prom? Im having the same issue reading mine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered the prom and clip attachments as described in this forum and loaded the program.I successfully replaced my cruze radio with a used one (yaayy). It took a little time to correctly connect the prom to the board as it is sensitive to clip placement but once i got it clipped correctly the information came up and i was able to enter my vin clicked program and success!!! Thankyou for this feed!!!!! Good info!!! I previously took my cruze to the dealer amd they charged me 65.00 to tell me they couldnt program the vin in. Thanks for saving me 400.00 for a nee unprogrammed unit!!! Total cost was 50 for the radio and 12 for the hardware. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered the prom and clip attachments as described in this forum and loaded the program.I successfully replaced my cruze radio with a used one (yaayy). It took a little time to correctly connect the prom to the board as it is sensitive to clip placement but once i got it clipped correctly the information came up and i was able to enter my vin clicked program and success!!! Thankyou for this feed!!!!! Good info!!! I previously took my cruze to the dealer amd they charged me 65.00 to tell me they couldnt program the vin in. Thanks for saving me 400.00 for a nee unprogrammed unit!!! Total cost was 50 for the radio and 12 for the hardware. :)
Oh forgot to mention i used the clip and did NOT remove my chip or unsolder pin 7. It toom the reprogram without disrupting the chip.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts