Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
25,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The volunteer moderation team has welcomed three new moderators and promoted and retired several others. Our current staff is as follows:

Volunteer Administrators (we have overall forum responsibility and control)
XtremeRevolution
obermd

Super Moderators (all newly promoted)
diesel
jblackburn
Merc6
Patman
Robby
Tomko

Moderators (newly selected)
BrandoFisher117
Greggul8r
sparkman

In addition KOLBALT, Sunline Fan, Smurfenstein, and Blue Angel have moved to our Retired Moderators group where they joined a our other retired moderators. We thank them for their service and if they are always welcome to rejoin the ranks of active moderators.

Part of this change in staff is to add moderators who are driving the 2nd Generation Chevy Cruze. Part of it is to ensure our moderation team consists of active members. Ultimately our goal as a team is to ensure CruzeTalk remains the premier Chevrolet Cruze forum in the web.

For those of you wondering about Administrators vs. Super Moderators vs. Moderators here's the breakdown. Moderators have the ability to manage posts and use our quick Ban and Clean tool. The B&C tool allows us to quickly delete the four to 10 threads each week that attempt to sell us new mobile phones, green cards, and various sexual enhancements. Super Moderators have limited access to the site's control panel to manage user accounts in addition to managing posts and threads. As Administrators, XtremeRevolution and I have been granted permission by AutoGuide to access all the configuration features in the site's control panel, including user accounts, posts, threads, and even changing the forum structure.

In addition to the volunteer staff there are two "paid" accounts. The first is the "Administrator" account and it's staffed by AutoGuide community managers. They are paid employees of AutoGuide. The other "paid" account is our "Chevy Customer Care" account which is staffed and monitored by GM Social Media employees at GM's Worldwide Headquarters in Detroit.

·
Premium Member
5,648 Posts
I'm confused, SMOD's have less power than Mod's here? I was a SMOD at AG's Hyundai site and oversaw the Mods? Does each sub forum have a paid person. It almost reads like Chevy Customer Care associates are paid by AG

·
Administrator
25,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm confused, SMOD's have less power than Mod's here? I was a SMOD at AG's Hyundai site and oversaw the Mods? Does each sub forum have a paid person. It almost reads like Chevy Customer Care associates are paid by AG
Eddy,

I edited the original post for clarity. As you go up from Moderator to Super Moderator to Administrator you pick up additional access and responsibilities. The Administrators group requires approval and action by AutoGuide. XR and I manage the Moderator and Super Moderator access.

·
Administrator
15,723 Posts
Nobody here is paid but the "Administrator" account, which is managed by a team of people that work for AG. The Chevy Customer Care account is managed by GM's social media team and is not affiliated with AG.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts